Main Discussion Area > Mondegreens, My 3 Songs, Other Trivia

An easy M3S

<< < (12/13) > >>

princessofcairo:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on October 27, 2009, 10:10:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: mshray on October 27, 2009, 09:44:38 AM ---I put this one up in Monday's set (which contained the Cars song), but no one tried it.  I think it's a pretty good one actually.

Cars - Drive
Beatles (Yay!) - Something
Heart - These Dreams

--- End quote ---

The only thing I can come up with is that they all are structured as two long lines, then two short lines, then one more long line.

--- End quote ---

OMG - you are such a nerd! :) Even though now I can easily conjure up each of the three first verses, I would have never thought of that. So the "doo-doodle-do-do-dooo" counts as a long line? ;)

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: mshray on October 28, 2009, 11:22:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wayback on October 27, 2009, 09:41:08 PM ---
Each was a hit sung by someone other than the group's usual lead singer?

--- End quote ---

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

--- End quote ---

Just realized that you could add Kiss's "Beth" to this list.  I can't think of any others offhand, unless Squeeze (Paul Carrack on "Tempted" guest vox) counts.

princessofcairo:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on October 31, 2009, 01:58:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

--- End quote ---

Just realized that you could add Kiss's "Beth" to this list.  I can't think of any others offhand, unless Squeeze (Paul Carrack on "Tempted" guest vox) counts.

--- End quote ---

"Bridge Over Troubled Water"?

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: princessofcairo on November 01, 2009, 03:38:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gazoo on October 31, 2009, 01:58:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

"Bridge Over Troubled Water"?

--- End quote ---

Ooh, good one!

RGMike:
a "M3S" they did this morning:

"Call Me" Blondie
"Talk About the Passion" REM
"Psycho Killer" T.Heads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page