2. Elton John, "Bennie & the Jets"
3. Rick Dees, "Disco Duck"

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on June 21, 2008, 07:31:56 AM ---A second one:

1. Seals & Crofts, "I'll Play for You"

--- End quote ---

I guess you're either thinking "applause" or "fake applause", tho' I believe the EJ was actually recorded with a live audience at some arena or other.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: RGMike on June 21, 2008, 11:49:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I guess you're either thinking "applause" or "fake applause", tho' I believe the EJ was actually recorded with a live audience at some arena or other.

--- End quote ---
That is what I was going for.  I need to look into the EJ story more; he was a topic of discussion at EMP this year (B&TJ's going to #15 on the R&B charts that year), and the presenter strongly implied that the crowd noise had been an invention of Gus Dudgeon (the idea being to make fun of British audiences' propensity to annoyingly clap on the on beat instead of the off).

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on June 21, 2008, 11:16:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: RGMike on June 21, 2008, 11:49:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That is what I was going for.  I need to look into the EJ story more; he was a topic of discussion at EMP this year (B&TJ's going to #15 on the R&B charts that year), and the presenter strongly implied that the crowd noise had been an invention of Gus Dudgeon (the idea being to make fun of British audiences' propensity to annoyingly clap on the on beat instead of the off).

--- End quote ---

I'll be interested to see what you find out; I'd always assumed it was fake crowd noise on B&TJ, but either Rob or Bob played it recently and said "... recorded live at _______", which surprised me. 

When Gus D. got stoned, was he in high Dudgeon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version