Author Topic: CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26  (Read 27959 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005, 01:39:30 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
deee lite
groove is in the heart

best thing I've heard all day!

my succotash wish is... to never have to eat succotash!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2005, 01:43:01 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
deee lite
groove is in the heart

best thing I've heard all day!

my succotash wish is... to never have to eat succotash!

It's just corn and peas, innit?

A tad disappointed that they took out the Bootsy asides and the Q-Tip rap.  Still a great big multicolored bubble of crazy joy.

And now, the head nods.  FLASH-LIGHT.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »
BTW, if you plotted the CG posts-per-day on a graph and sent it to the sales folks at CG, they'd sell a lot more ads for Fridays.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »
P.S.  I hear this repeated line as: "Most of all we funk / Help them find the funk."  What say ye?  (Not that I'll stop hearing it this way.)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2005, 01:51:33 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
P.S.  I hear this repeated line as: "Most of all we funk / Help them find the funk."  What say ye?  (Not that I'll stop hearing it this way.)

i hear, "moscova needs funk, help them find the funk."
:)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
I updated the link
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2005, 01:58:01 PM »
I hard-coded the higher speed stream link on the main page, which I found to be better sounding than the one you get from the capital gold website player.  Does this work for the rest of you?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: I updated the link
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2005, 02:05:26 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
I hard-coded the higher speed stream link on the main page, which I found to be better sounding than the one you get from the capital gold website player.  Does this work for the rest of you?

My CG player gives me a choice of "hi" or "lo" quality. "Hi" is 56K+ (I always choose that), so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2005, 02:09:46 PM »

My CG player gives me a choice of "hi" or "lo" quality. "Hi" is 56K+ (I always choose that), so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I used the one from the list you gave me, which I linked to.  Maybe I don't know what the flock I'm doing?  It wouldn't be the first time.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2005, 02:14:23 PM »
I don't see that, maybe it's a Mac problem.  What page are you going to to find that choice?

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2005, 02:23:30 PM »
I don't see that, maybe it's a Mac problem.  What page are you going to to find that choice?

I go to www.capitalgold.com and click on the "Listen live" link in the upper right corner. Then the player opens. On it (at the left) are 2 buttons, "hi" & "lo".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2005, 02:30:10 PM »

they also rerun it at 10 the next morning. Rev Al was on Wed nite. He didn't sing; he just did the couch thang with Jon Stewart. But I remembers eeing him at Albert Hall in London in '83 or '84, part of a Gospeel show -- no secular hits at all.  But he's gone back to doing the old songs.

He's been doing a limited schedule of secular dates for awhile now--I saw him at Jazzfest in N'awlins about 94 or so, and was truly moved by both aspects (the religious and the secular) of his performance. My God, what a catalog that man has. And he moved the crowd like no one else I saw that entire week. I was sober as a judge, but I was high as a kite, too.

We saw him on the street in the Quarter a day or two later, getting out of a limo with several, ummm, very attractive young women. So I think he was on the way to reconciling that aspect of his character even back then.

And now that he's recording regularly (in the secular vein that is) I assume he's ramped up his concert schedule. Haven't heard his newest one that's just out, but I really dug the one that came out in late '03.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Al Green on the Daily Show
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »
http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.jhtml?reposid=/multimedia/tds/celeb/celeb_10037.html

Day-yammm, I shoulda looked!! Thanks, Geoff! Lawd have mercy!
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2005, 02:38:36 PM »
I go to www.capitalgold.com and click on the "Listen live" link in the upper right corner. Then the player opens. On it (at the left) are 2 buttons, "hi" & "lo".
not on my browser!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2005, 02:41:41 PM »
CG is saving me. Work sucks. Trying to emotionally detach. Hurry up 5pm+, need alcohol!
Thanks for letting me share :roll:
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CGSS Fri & Sat 3/25 & 26
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2005, 02:54:58 PM »
CG is saving me. Work sucks. Trying to emotionally detach. Hurry up 5pm+, need alcohol!
Thanks for letting me share :roll:

al-co-hol! where are you going to go? where do you work? i'm in mt. view, headed up to the city for the evening, but no immediate plans after five. i could meet you for a mixer?