Author Topic: Casey Kasem American Top 40  (Read 1385778 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Kasem American Top 40
« Reply #630 on: November 01, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »
I'm not a fan of "18 With a Bullet," but I would have enjoyed getting it in the week when it actually hit #18.
It hit #18 on 11-22-75 Hot 100, got as high as #15.  Meanwhile, at #25, Art Garfunkel's lovely version of "I Only Have Eyes For You" got as high as #18.  I remember winning Art's new at that time LP "Breakaway" from our local radio station, and it also includes S&G's "My Little Town."  Funny to have that song follow at #24 on this chart!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:16:58 AM by Wayback »

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 01, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
26-yr-old Bruuuuuuce at #23 with BTR!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 01, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »
You know the only lyrics in this Silver Convention hit are "Fly Robin Fly, up up to the sky"!  Perhaps that's why Casey played just one-minute of the song, shortest edit I think I've ever heard on AT40.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:06:16 AM by Wayback »

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:31 AM »
"What a Difference a Day Makes" in its disco incarnation would be an utter travesty if Esther Phillips didn't have such an attractive voice.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 01, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »
You know the only lyrics in this Silver Convention hit are "Fly Robin Fly, up up to the sky"!  Perhaps that's why Casey just played only one-minute of the song, shortest edit I think I've ever heard on AT40.

Haha, thisclose to a jinx on the entire comment!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 01, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »
You know the only lyrics in this Silver Convention hit are "Fly Robin Fly, up up to the sky"!  Perhaps that's why Casey just played only one-minute of the song, shortest edit I think I've ever heard on AT40.

Not many more lyrics than that in George Harrison's "You," which I nonetheless love.  The sound of jubilation.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2008, 08:28:13 AM »
Not many more lyrics than that in George Harrison's "You," which I nonetheless love.  The sound of jubilation.
Agreed.  Have you ever heard that entire solo LP, "Extra Texture"?

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2008, 08:29:19 AM »
KC's "That's the Way" is one of few tunes to hit #1, drop, then back to #1

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »

No - is it as happy and bouncy?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2008, 08:42:03 AM »
By cracky!  Squealin' Neil is on his way down with "Bad Blood," astonishingly his biggest hit.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 01, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
No - is it as happy and bouncy?
Yes, with guests like Tom Scott on sax, Billy Preston, Leon Russell, Gary Wright.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 01, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
This section of chart --with KC, Bee Gees, Jigsaw, Sedaka, Abba, Leon -- really takes me back to fall '75!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 01, 2008, 08:57:15 AM »
This ONJ track at #13, "Something Better to Do," is NTM!  Nice fluff stuff.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 01, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
hey mangs, just woked up ..   to Low Rider.

I missed a buncha of good stuff, maybe I'll have to catch another time zone's replay later to experience the Full Forty. 
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 01, 2008, 09:04:20 AM »
"Do It Any Way You Wanna" from People's Choice is the third song in this set - after "Brazil" and "Fly, Robin, Fly" - that isn't technically an instrumental but more or less is.