Main Discussion Area > Capital Gold, other Internet Radio

Casey Kasem American Top 40

<< < (2/908) > >>

SFGuy:
Maybe somebody here could answer this if they remember. I used to listen to Casey's shows in the early 80's in SF on KCBS-FM. One Sunday morning, I turned on the radio and his show never came on. It turns out that KCBS changed formats from top 40 to rock, changing to KRQR. I never did find another Bay Area station that broadcast it. Does anybody know if Casey's shows continued out here?

princessofcairo:

--- Quote from: SFGuy on March 05, 2008, 10:53:54 PM ---Maybe somebody here could answer this if they remember. I used to listen to Casey's shows in the early 80's in SF on KCBS-FM. One Sunday morning, I turned on the radio and his show never came on. It turns out that KCBS changed formats from top 40 to rock, changing to KRQR. I never did find another Bay Area station that broadcast it. Does anybody know if Casey's shows continued out here?

--- End quote ---

i don't know about that. i moved to austin in '84 and listened there regularly.

Wayback:
Here's the playlist from this weekend's airing of “Casey Kasem’s American Top 40- The 70's”-- this time from March 5, 1977:
www.mynorthwest.com/?sid=22371&nid=119
You can listen via that website Sunday 8-11am Pacific (11am-2pm Eastern), in addition to airing Saturdays 6-9am on KFRC.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Wayback on March 07, 2008, 12:22:38 PM ---Here's the songlist from this weekend's airing of “Casey Kasem’s American Top 40-The 70's”-- this time from March 5, 1977.  You can listen via this website on Sunday 8-11am Pacific (11am-2pm Eastern):

--- End quote ---

Thanks, bub! Quite a chart -- Babs at #1, Gaz, with ONJ's "Sam" in the mix -- and worth getting up at 6 just to hear Enchantment's beautiful "Gloria".

BTW, the '80s version (via a West Virginia station) is my new Sunday morning ritual.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: RGMike on March 07, 2008, 12:27:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wayback on March 07, 2008, 12:22:38 PM ---Here's the songlist from this weekend's airing of “Casey Kasem’s American Top 40-The 70's”-- this time from March 5, 1977.  You can listen via this website on Sunday 8-11am Pacific (11am-2pm Eastern):

--- End quote ---

Thanks, bub! Quite a chart -- Babs at #1, Gaz, with ONJ's "Sam" in the mix -- and worth getting up at 6 just to hear Enchantment's beautiful "Gloria".

--- End quote ---

Caught up with the first hour, thanks to a station in Wisconsin -- what a thrill to hear Jennifer Warnes' "Right Time of the Night" (written by Peter McCann, whose own version was on the B-side of his hit "Do You Wanna Make Love?") and Deniece Williams' "Free", as well as the aforementioned "Gloria" and "Sam" (they make a lovely couple). And speaking of unlikely couples, who'd'a thunk Glen Campbell and Allen Toussaint would be a winning combo on "Southern Nights"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version