Main Discussion Area > Capital Gold, other Internet Radio

Casey Kasem American Top 40

<< < (3/909) > >>

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: RGMike on March 08, 2008, 08:03:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: RGMike on March 07, 2008, 12:27:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wayback on March 07, 2008, 12:22:38 PM ---Here's the songlist from this weekend's airing of “Casey Kasem’s American Top 40-The 70's”-- this time from March 5, 1977.  You can listen via this website on Sunday 8-11am Pacific (11am-2pm Eastern):
www.mynorthwest.com/?sid=22371&nid=119

--- End quote ---

Thanks, bub! Quite a chart -- Babs at #1, Gaz, with ONJ's "Sam" in the mix -- and worth getting up at 6 just to hear Enchantment's beautiful "Gloria".

--- End quote ---

Caught up with the first hour, thanks to a station in Wisconsin -- what a thrill to hear Jennifer Warnes' "Right Time of the Night" (written by Peter McCann, whose own version was on the B-side of his hit "Do You Wanna Make Love?") and Deniece Williams' "Free", as well as the aforementioned "Gloria" and "Sam" (they make a lovely couple). And speaking of unlikely couples, who'd'a thunk Glen Campbell and Allen Toussaint would be a winning combo on "Southern Nights"?

--- End quote ---

"Southern Nights" was a delight, yes, but I can't agree with you on "Right Time of the Night."  Warnes' bored delivery makes it one of my all-time least faves (several of which populate this countdown, alas).  But I tuned in for the final hour Sunday afternoon, looking forward to "Evergreen."

Gazoo:
"I like dweamin'."  Yeesh.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on March 09, 2008, 10:43:19 AM ---"I like dweamin'."  Yeesh.

--- End quote ---

My college radio PD loooooved that song. And if nothing else, Mr Nolan had range and staying power -- he wrote Atlantic Starr's 1992 hit "Masterpiece".

I'm enjoying the '80s version today: March 8th 1986. And a better chart I can't've asked for. Highlights for me, all of which are either rarities or never-been-playeds in Morey '86 sets:

#10 "King for a Day", Thompson Twins
#12 "When the Going Gets Tough", Billy Ocean
#15 "Tarzan Boy", Baltimora (a bit of a shock to see this charted in '86, as I associate it with the summer of '85)
#22 "A Love Bizarre", Sheila E
#24 "Let's Go All the Way", Sly Fox
#25 "How to Be a Millionaire", ABC
#26 "Manic Monday", Bangles
#27 "Another Night", Aretha
#32 "Tender Love", Force MDs

SFGuy:
I tend to listen via XM but this past weekend was from March 5, 1988 so I thought to myself, "forget it". I will catch next Sunday which is March 26, 1983. For those who have XM (or Directv) the 70's show is from March 10, 1979.

Wayback:

--- Quote from: SFGuy on March 10, 2008, 10:51:35 PM ---I tend to listen via XM but this past weekend was from March 5, 1988 so I thought to myself, "forget it". I will catch next Sunday which is March 26, 1983. For those who have XM (or Directv) the 70's show is from March 10, 1979.

--- End quote ---
FYI y'all, here's list of stations airing Casey's original 80's shows (some offer streaming audio):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_that_air_Casey_Kasem%27s_American_Top_40:_The_80%27s
And list of stations airing his original 70's shows:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_that_air_Casey_Kasem%27s_American_Top_40:_The_70%27s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version