Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 1/14/08  (Read 7141 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 1/14/08
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »
Ooh ... At 14, John Denver doing what he does best on "Fly Away."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 08:07:56 AM »
What are the odds?  Second time this week, Glen Campbell, "Country Boy, You Got Your Feet in L.A."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 10:02:45 AM »

With ONJ on backing vox, making her 2nd appearance of the morning.

Another amazing journey thru history.  Dunno how much of the first hour you heard, but hope you caught the Road Apples' very Sly-like "Let's Live Together", their only hit. Other highlights for me (besides the ones you've mentioned): "Hurricane" (tho' we heard maybe 2/5ths of it), David Ruffin's "Walk Away from Tryin' to Love Two", and OMG I'd forgotten how Euro-cheezy "Paloma Blanca" is (quite a 180-degree turn for the George Baker Selection from "Little Green Bag"). And of course, "Convoy" -- them hogs is gettin' IN-tense!

And thanks for beating me to the "Love be Tender With my Fanny" line!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »

With ONJ on backing vox, making her 2nd appearance of the morning.

Another amazing journey thru history.  Dunno how much of the first hour you heard, but hope you caught the Road Apples' very Sly-like "Let's Live Together", their only hit. Other highlights for me (besides the ones you've mentioned): "Hurricane" (tho' we heard maybe 2/5ths of it), David Ruffin's "Walk Away from Tryin' to Love Two", and OMG I'd forgotten how Euro-cheezy "Paloma Blanca" is (quite a 180-degree turn for the George Baker Selection from "Little Green Bag"). And of course, "Convoy" -- them hogs is gettin' IN-tense!

And thanks for beating me to the "Love be Tender With my Fanny" line!

Anytime on "Fanny," a personal fave.  As for the rest: "Una Paloma Blanca" sounds uncomfortably like the Flintstones theme; Road Apples are a gem (though more like Eddie Money than Sly); and D-Ruffin is one of my favorites of the decade - what range!