Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/19/07  (Read 3943 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/19/07
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 07:38:42 AM »
OMGWTF: I'd never heard the Ritchie Family's "Best Disco in Town" and didn't realize it was a monster medley of the previous months' disco hits!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »
The top of this chart:

4. Captain & Tennille, "Muskrat Love"
3. Bee Gees, "Love So Right"
2. Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
1. Rod Stewart, "Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:20 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
OMGWTF: I'd never heard the Ritchie Family's "Best Disco in Town" and didn't realize it was a monster medley of the previous months' disco hits!

TANC: now ya know why I confuse it with the Shalamar medley.  

Yes, I set the alarm for 6am and heard the whole thing. The Salsoul Orch hit was a major flashback too -- I surely had not heard it since '76. Ditto Ringo's "Dose of Rock'n'Roll", Whinyface Elliman's "Love Me" (a fab BeeGees compostion), and Botkin/DeVorzon's "Nadia's theme". Throw in "Beth", "Disco Duck", and the aforementioned "Muskrat Love" and this was quite the cheezefest.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 10:53:57 AM »
Gotta give props to a fine 9:00 hour on KPIG today. Among other goodies, I heard:

Marty Stewart doing a bluegrass cover of "I Can See For Miles"
The Austin Lounge Lizard's great bluegrass version of the Floyd's "Brain Damage"
Peter Paul & Mary's "The Great Mandala", which I had not heard in many many years -- what a powerful song.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:41 AM »
Before we move on to another week, gotta give props to 2 great Sun nite shows:

Little Steven's annual salute to Cleveland and all things Ohio was fab, everything from (of course) "Cleveland Rocks" to the Pretenders to the Euclid Beach Band, and including a segment on Cleveland International Records that featured Ronnie Spector w/the E-Streeters doing "Say Goodbye to H'wood".

But that was followed by Joel Selvin, who did an hour on all-star charity singles from the past 20 years. Band Aid, Hear'n'Aid, Ferry Aid, the works. Ran the gamut from the great ("Sun City") to the horrendous ("Voices that Care") to the in-between (Sean Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance" reboot).  An inspired theme show.