Author Topic: 30 Oct 2007-it's...1974!!!  (Read 7385 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
30 Oct 2007-it's...1974!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 10:40:12 AM »
BOS5 to Stevie, "Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away."  I had this on repeat in the days following 9/11.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »
Switching to Stevie -- BOS
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2007, 10:42:33 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"
BOS5 Match Game: Watergate Edition!

It's amazing in these times that a president could be so roundly disparaged on such a bland stage as a TV game show. Can you imagine Pat Sajak or Simon Cowell capping on Bush like that now?

Very good point.  The bared-teeth hounds of the far right wing successfully terminated that kind of discourse, as MoveOn.org found out the hard way (and that 12-year-old who was Swiftboated over S-CHIP).
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
wow -- GREAT bonus choices ("Sneakin Sally Thru the Alley", Tom Waits) but the Foghead goes with Zappa's "Cozmik Debris".  I'd've been pleased with any of 'em.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
list
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
10/30/2007 - Tuesday! Great set!! 1974!!

1.   David Bowie - Rebel Rebel      
2.   Stealer's Wheel - Star      
3.   Supertramp - School (BEST OF SET!!)      
4.   Joni Mitchell - Trouble Child      
5.   ABBA - Waterloo      
6.   The Joneses - Sugar Pie Guy, Pt. 1      
7.   Hall & Oates - She's Gone      
8.   Steely Dan - Any Major Dude      
9.   Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling      
10.   Stevie Wonder - Heaven is Ten Zillion Light Years Away      

BONUS TRACK:  Frank Zappa - Cosmic Debris
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:27 AM »
anyone else catch the bungled replay last nite?  Smack in the middle of Stevie, up popped Annalisa with an "Archives 14" promo...  lost the rest of the song and the backannounce.  I almost recorded last nite -- glad I didn't, I'd've been PISSED.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
anyone else catch the bungled replay last nite?  Smack in the middle of Stevie, up popped Annalisa with an "Archives 14" promo...  lost the rest of the song and the backannounce.  I almost recorded last nite -- glad I didn't, I'd've been PISSED.

I didn't but if I had, I sure would have been. Pissed, that is. Wonder if the Saturday marathon will also include Annalisa? That'd be a drag.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »

I didn't but if I had, I sure would have been. Pissed, that is. Wonder if the Saturday marathon will also include Annalisa? That'd be a drag.

Played correctly on the Saturday replay.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

and Praise da Lawd for that. But once again the best set of the week (by far) led the marathon at the crack o'dawn.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

and Praise da Lawd for that. But once again the best set of the week (by far) led the marathon at the crack o'dawn.

I think I woke up hearing Joni. No rest for the wicked, eh? Hoping to sleep in on Sunday but not sure what time football starts. Off to nfl.com next.
Sharks bleed teal.