Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

The Concert Thread

(1/327) > >>

princessofcairo:
i figured we should have a thread for our live music outings. i saw the frames and mark geary last night at gamh. wow. really great fun. awesome musicians, awesome songs. the music reminds me of the connells and the wookies, and all things modern rock and strummy guitars. and, hell, electric violin is always a plus.

mark geary is an awesome strummer (if you're into that sort of pete townshend, melissa ferrick style of playing).

infos here. i'd definitely suggest an album (their first another love song is available for free download on their site).

mshray:

--- Quote from: "princessofcairo" ---i figured we should have a thread for our live music outings. i saw the frames and mark geary last night at gamh. wow. really great fun. awesome musicians, awesome songs. the music reminds me of the connells and the wookies, and all things modern rock and strummy guitars. and, hell, electric violin is always a plus.

mark geary is an awesome strummer (if you're into that sort of pete townshend, melissa ferrick style of playing).

infos here. i'd definitely suggest an album (their first another love song is available for free download on their site).
--- End quote ---

You like the Connells?  I love the Connells, for exactly those reasons.  But have never met anyone else who'd even admit to having heard of them.

princessofcairo:

--- Quote from: "mshray" ---
You like the Connells?  I love the Connells, for exactly those reasons.  But have never met anyone else who'd even admit to having heard of them.
--- End quote ---

not like. love.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "princessofcairo" ---i figured we should have a thread for our live music outings. i saw the frames and mark geary last night at gamh. wow. really great fun. awesome musicians, awesome songs. the music reminds me of the connells and the wookies, and all things modern rock and strummy guitars. and, hell, electric violin is always a plus.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I know exactly two songs from the Connells: "74-75" (which I adore madly), and a bizarro acoustic cover of Cypress Hill's "Insane in the Brain."

mshray:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---
--- End quote ---

I know exactly two songs from the Connells: "74-75" (which I adore madly), and a bizarro acoustic cover of Cypress Hill's "Insane in the Brain."
--- End quote ---

For some reason I heard the song "Something To Say" (track 1 on the Fun & Games album) on KTYD in Santa Barbara & the lyrics struck a chord.  I later picked up a used CD & played it to death, although neither that track nor album in general attracted much notice.  But for me it's one of those albums that I can listen to from start to finish & the whole thing perfectly captures that particular feeling of being on the outside looking in on life and not quite knowing how to fit in or even if you want to.

Later I also picked up the earlier & more acclaimed Boylan Heights album, and downloaded "74-75" and a couple other more recent tracks.

Never heard of an acoustic version of "Insane in the Brain" but by definition that would have to be bizarro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version