Author Topic: Music on TV  (Read 227012 times)

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
Re: Music on TV
« Reply #840 on: July 21, 2017, 11:55:01 PM »
For those (like me) who missed the Hendrix documentary on PBS last night, it's available here:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/jimi-hendrix/film-jimi-hendrix-hear-my-train-a-comin/2756/

Interesting that the doc seems to be sponsored by Goldman Sachs (online anyway) because when I think Hendrix, Goldman is not the first thing that comes to mind. Although you could say that Goldman are the Jimi Hendrix of financial thievery.

I apologize.  I thought about posting a note but didn't.  Like most PBS programs, it will very likely
air again in months ahead, perhaps even over the winter holidays.  If I see it again I'll mention it.

American Masters:
http://www.kqed.org/programs/program-landing.jsp?progID=136

American Masters:  Jimi Hendrix    Duration: 1:56:07 STEREO TV14

Upcoming Broadcasts:

KQED Plus: Sun, Jul 23, 2017 -- 8:00pm
KQED Plus: Mon, Jul 24, 2017 -- 2:00am
KQED Plus: Fri, Jul 28, 2017 -- 10:00am

KQED Plus was formerly KTEH [54]

Considered a pioneering electric guitarist, one of the most influential in the history of popular
music, Jimi Hendrix only had four years of mainstream exposure and recognition, but his music
and riveting stage presence left an enormous, enduring legacy. Tracing his roots from Seattle
to international stardom, this is his definitive story, illustrated by interviews with Hendrix at
venues such as the Miami Pop Festival and illuminated with commentary by Paul McCartney,
Noel Redding, Billy Cox, Eddie Kramer and others. Poignant, protected footage from his final
performance in Germany in September 1970, just 12 days before his tragic drug-related death
at age 27, concludes the film. In what would have been his 70th year, the Hendrix estate has
cooperated fully with this film, releasing closely held performance footage that has, literally,
never been seen before as well as an extensive archive of photographs, drawings and family
letters.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:29 AM »

Considered a pioneering electric guitarist, one of the most influential in the history of popular
music, Jimi Hendrix only had four years of mainstream exposure and recognition, but his music
and riveting stage presence left an enormous, enduring legacy. Tracing his roots from Seattle
to international stardom, this is his definitive story, illustrated by interviews with Hendrix at
venues such as the Miami Pop Festival and illuminated with commentary by Paul McCartney,
Noel Redding, Billy Cox, Eddie Kramer and others. Poignant, protected footage from his final
performance in Germany in September 1970, just 12 days before his tragic drug-related death
at age 27, concludes the film. In what would have been his 70th year, the Hendrix estate has
cooperated fully with this film, releasing closely held performance footage that has, literally,
never been seen before as well as an extensive archive of photographs, drawings and family
letters.

More bites at the apple:

Upcoming Broadcasts:

Jimi Hendrix: American Masters

* KQED 9: Fri, Sep 22, 2017 -- 8:00pm
* KQED 9: Sat, Sep 23, 2017 -- 2:00am
* KQED 9: Thu, Sep 28, 2017 -- 10:00pm
* KQED 9: Fri, Sep 29, 2017 -- 4:00am

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:54:25 AM by dischead »
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:05 AM »

More bites at the apple:

Upcoming Broadcasts:

Jimi Hendrix: American Masters

* KQED 9: Fri, Sep 22, 2017 -- 8:00pm
* KQED 9: Sat, Sep 23, 2017 -- 2:00am
* KQED 9: Thu, Sep 28, 2017 -- 10:00pm
* KQED 9: Fri, Sep 29, 2017 -- 4:00am

Awesome! last nite TCM was showing rock docus, including Monterey Pop and the Woodstock director's cut.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round