Author Topic: 03 Aug 2007: 1969!!  (Read 8507 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
03 Aug 2007: 1969!!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

ETA: at the event I bumped into our sometime playlist expert Darryl.  He was there with his whole family, taking photos of his little boy getting autographs on a picture he'd drawn for the occasion.  Cute kid.

Man, you guys and your acronyms.  I don't remember what ETA stands for.  Where's that Glossary thread again?

Anyways, yes, met mshray.  Funny to have someone randomly come up and say "Is your name Darryl", but he turned out not to be a stalker, so it was cool.

Here's some photos from the event.  Videos to upload soon.  http://darryl.phanfare.com/album/368372

I was actually having Peter Finch autograph my son's artwork when mshray introduced himself to me and Peter.  He explained that I kept records of the 10@10s and I noted that I also kept track of nearly every song KFOG plays (and that the "Delilah" song is currently overplayed around 3-4 times a day).  To this, Peter Finch commented, "Man, you should work in research."

Except my advice would be the same as Brian from San Jose's:  Trust your airstaff, and not your research department.  Stop overplaying songs to death.  Ok, sorry, this should be in the KFOG but not 10@10 thread.

[Hey mshray, or anyone listening to the broadcast:  do you remember the last name of David the melodica player who had an upcoming gig (on piano) at Santana Row?  It's not listed on their site, so I assume it's in one of the smaller venues/performing areas.  I like to link to the URLs of performers and such.  Thanks.]

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: doors
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "ggould"
wishful sinful

i can't read your sig without singing the dan hill/vonda sheppard duet.

Wow, you've ruined the song AND the sig for me!   :P
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Candlestick Park
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Kiss it Goodbye!

I dunno if I said this last year when we heard this the first time, but that segue from Mary Jo DrivingBuddy to NNHHKMG is downright ghoulish.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »
Gaz gives BOS (with a sledgehammer shout to GB in SF) to "Can I Change My Mind," one of the many that Dave's introduced me to over the years.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »
Quote from: "darryl"
[Hey mshray, or anyone listening to the broadcast:  do you remember the last name of David the melodica player who had an upcoming gig (on piano) at Santana Row?  It's not listed on their site, so I assume it's in one of the smaller venues/performing areas.  I like to link to the URLs of performers and such.  Thanks.]

This was the guy in your photos?  I loved his collegiate sweatshirt: "STFU."

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
I'm also predicting this will be the first set in tomorrow's marathon.

Haha, you nailed this one!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 11:05:54 PM »
blahblahblah...
Let's get right to it.