Main Discussion Area > Mondegreens, My 3 Songs, Other Trivia

The Shraytabase quiz

(1/14) > >>

mshray:
Recently I have undertaken not only to update my Db (which is now continuous for 3.25 yrs and covers about 50% of all sets for the preceeding 3 years, about 1200 sets total), but also to really once & for all clean up the various misspellings, mis-capitalizations & mis-abbreviations that screw up the sorting.  

In so doing I keep coming across anomalies that (I hope) make for good trivia questions.  So, the first such question is:

This classic song, by a HOF artist, is a really big Katrina in not-one-but-two different repeated theme sets, yet it has not appeared in a year-specific set in my Db.  

Hint: it has been covered by many, including at least* two other HOF artists

*two such versions appear in the Db.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "mshray" ---Recently I have undertaken not only to update my Db (which is now continuous for 3.25 yrs and covers about 50% of all sets for the preceeding 3 years, about 1200 sets total), but also to really once & for all clean up the various misspellings, mis-capitalizations & mis-abbreviations that screw up the sorting.  

In so doing I keep coming across anomalies that (I hope) make for good trivia questions.  So, the first such question is:

This classic song, by a HOF artist, is a really big Katrina in not-one-but-two different repeated theme sets, yet it has not appeared in a year-specific set in my Db.  

--- End quote ---

I'm going to guess CCR/Nina Simone, "I Put a Spell on You."

mshray:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---
--- Quote from: "mshray" ---Recently I have undertaken not only to update my Db (which is now continuous for 3.25 yrs and covers about 50% of all sets for the preceeding 3 years, about 1200 sets total), but also to really once & for all clean up the various misspellings, mis-capitalizations & mis-abbreviations that screw up the sorting.  

--- End quote ---

I'm going to guess CCR/Nina Simone, "I Put a Spell on You."
--- End quote ---

nope that's not it.  Further hint, one of the aforementioned HOF acts that covered the song is a very recent inductee.

mshray:

The answer is:  Martha & The Vandellas "Dancing In The Street", which has appeared in at least 4 Motown sets and at least 4 Summer sets.  Versions by Jagger & Bowie and 2007 inductees Van Halen also appear in the Db.

mshray:
OK, next question which Rolling Stones tune is by far the most frequent flyer over the past 3 years in the Db?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version