Author Topic: 1984, knocking on your door, on Wed 3/9/05  (Read 9380 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1984, knocking on your door, on Wed 3/9/05
« on: March 09, 2005, 07:45:54 AM »
Bob's '80s sets are no better or worse than Dave's, but ya never know.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:51:20 AM »
Obv. we're getting some Brooooce.  Prolly some JC Mellonball, maybe Tina's "What's Love."  Longshot pick: Jefferson Starship's "No Way Out."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 07:58:03 AM »
Nice Ethel Merman imi, Bob!

And nice start with Chrissie & the boyz.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 08:03:35 AM »
U2's "Pride" has officially passed the tipping point: I don't think I ever want to hear it again.  (Not a crankypants comment, but an overkill one.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 08:07:24 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
U2's "Pride" has officially passed the tipping point: I don't think I ever want to hear it again.  (Not a crankypants comment, but an overkill one.)

"For Martin Luther King ... schwing!"

It's certainly one of many '80s staples that could be shelved for 6 months or so.  VHM Percy & the Honeydrippers.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 08:10:41 AM »
and speaking of tipping points: the inevitable Cars.  At least they didn't spell their name "Carz", y'know?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 08:11:42 AM »
Now come the crankypants: I don't want to hear that beanpole sing about "summer, summer, summer" when the windchill has the NYC air feeling like 0 degrees.

P.S.  There should be federal regulations against rhyming "upside-down" with "merry-go-round."  Especially when you rhyme "down" with "down" in a subsequent verse.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 08:16:04 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
and speaking of tipping points: the inevitable Cars.  At least they didn't spell their name "Carz", y'know?

i came in on the carz, and quickly hit the moot button. now slow, honey drippin' from stevie's fingers. nice restart...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 08:16:51 AM »
Now come the crankypants: I don't want to hear that beanpole sing about "summer, summer, summer" when the windchill has the NYC air feeling like 0 degrees.

but that's one of the joys of living in a city with 4 seasons, innit? :lol:  Doncha love people (usually Northeasterners) who say they could "never live in Cali or AZ" because they need those seasons?

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 08:19:24 AM »
bos to live heads.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 08:20:25 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
bos to live heads.

"just gimme some (live) head(s)!"

One of the best concert films evah.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 08:20:45 AM »

but that's one of the joys of living in a city with 4 seasons, innit? :lol:  Doncha love people (usually Northeasterners) who say they could "never live in Cali or AZ" because they need those seasons?

Yes, I have heard that a lot.  But I'm just the opposite.  You'd think that growing up in Pittsburgh I'd be inured to the elements.  But my 5 years in CA ruined me: I want a climate-controlled earth, 70 degrees and sunny year-round.  This has easily been the most challenging of my three NY winters.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 08:26:13 AM »

Yes, I have heard that a lot.  But I'm just the opposite.  You'd think that growing up in Pittsburgh I'd be inured to the elements.  But my 5 years in CA ruined me: I want a climate-controlled earth, 70 degrees and sunny year-round.  This has easily been the most challenging of my three NY winters.

I feel your pain and I'd gladly trade places for a year.  I'm quite torn about the subject; my trip made me quite homesick for NYC, but then I came back to SF and the next day I did my Saturday morning errands in shorts & a t-shirt -- in Nov.  But if I won the lottery and could afford a fab pad in Chelsea, I'd be very tempted to move.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 08:27:48 AM »
BOS to Van Halen, "I'll Wait."  Behind the thick keyboards was one of Jah Roth's better lyrics.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »

I feel your pain and I'd gladly trade places for a year.  I'm quite torn about the subject; my trip made me quite homesick for NYC, but then I came back to SF and the next day I did my Saturday morning errands in shorts & a t-shirt -- in Nov.  But if I won the lottery and could afford a fab pad in Chelsea, I'd be very tempted to move.

if you won the lottery, you could have two fab pads.

why don't you and gaz do a houseswap for a week?