Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Gray-Haired Ponytail Moment (formerly Come All Ye Grateful)

<< < (6/7) > >>

RGMike:

--- Quote from: dischead on June 28, 2015, 12:07:34 PM ---Set I

Truckin'
Uncle John's Band
Alligator (Phil sings!) -> 
Cumberland Blues ->
Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)
Cream Puff War
?? (possibly a Phish song?)

Set II

That's It For The Other One ->
St. Stephen ->
The Eleven
Turn On Your Lovelight ->
Drums ->
Space ->
The Other One ->
Morning Dew
Phil's organ donor rap
Casey Jones

--- End quote ---

our own Geoff posted this setlist on his blog:

Set 1

7:33 start

Jam>Truckin'
Uncle John's Band
Alligator>Cumberland Blues
Born Cross-Eyed
Cream Puff War
Viola Lee Blues>Lovelight tease>end of set 8:39

Set 2 9:40

Cryptically Envelopment>Dark Star tease/fireworks>Dark Star
>St Stephen>The Eleven (William Tell)
>Turn On Your Love Light
>Drumz>space>What's Become of the Baby?
>The Other One
>Morning Dew

Organ donor rap

Encore 11:54
Casey Jones

ggould:
Grateful Dead 6.28.15

Set 1 6:23
Feel Like a Stranger
New New Minglewood Blues
Brown Eyed Women
Loose Lucy
Loser
Row Jimmy
Alabama Getaway
Black Peter
Hell in a Bucket (ends 7:52)

Set 2 (starts 8:53)
Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo
>jam>Wharf Rat
>jam>short beam space >Eyes of the World
>He's Gone
Drumz (guest percussionist)
>I Need a Miracle
>Death Don't Have No Mercy
Sugar Magnolia>Sunshine Daydream
(Ends 10:35)
Donor rap
Moment of silence
Encore:
Brokedown Palace

For me, the Sunday show was the Grateful Dead, Saturday was like Phil and Friends.  It reminded me of many of our 10@10 discussions, and the struggle between whether a song is worth hearing based on either its quality or LN quotient.  Saturday was a real treat for the crowd who favors rarities.  Lots of stuff that hasn't been played in ages, and nothing newer than Truckin'.  Lots of relentless jamming, etc.  I'm old enough to appreciate all the rarities, but it wasn't really what I wanted.  Saturday opened promisingly, and I was near tears during Uncle John's Band.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, but most of it was "gee, look at us playing this rare song!" stuff.   It was also a yin-yang experience for me, setting-wise.  On Saturday, some friends invited us at the last minute to go via the bosses luxury suite, which apparently none of the bosses wanted to attend.  A totally unreal experience of how the ruling class lives.  On Sunday, we were behind the stage way the hell up in section 418.  On Sunday, Brown-eyed Women, Loser, Row Jimmy, and Black Peter were all in the first set, and all was forgiven!  Yes, there was a lot of sloppy playing, but the beast that is the Grateful Dead came out to play with us.

ggould:
Set 1
Box of Rain
Jack Straw
Bertha
Passenger
The Wheel>
Crazy Fingers
The Music Never Stopped 

Set 2
Mason's Children
Scarlet Begonias
>Fire on the Mountain
>Drums>Space
>New Potato Caboose
Playing in the Band
>Weather Report Suite Pt 2
>Help on the Way>Slipknot>Franklin's Tower

Donor Rap
Encore:
Ripple (Bob on acoustic)

dischead:

The PBS Newshour did a couple of segments about the Grateful Dead around the time of the Chicago shows:

From the big bang to cosmic vibrations, Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart plays the rhythm of the universe  (8:26)

Mickey Hart, a well-known drummer for the Grateful Dead, has collaborated with astrophysicists on music that reflects the origins of the universe, and with neuroscientists to figure out how music stimulates different parts of damaged brains.  Special correspondent Mike Cerre follows Hart’s exploration of music and the universe, and our human response to rhythm.

In final concert, Grateful Dead bids farewell to faithful followers  (8:05)

Over three days, the legendary, era-defining Grateful Dead offered a series of final concerts at Chicago's Soldier Field.  Jeffrey Brown reports on the rock band's long, strange musical trip that has inspired an almost cult-like following among its fans.

dischead:

The SiriusXM satellite radio Grateful Dead channel played only different versions of Dark Star on Monday morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version