Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Gray-Haired Ponytail Moment (formerly Come All Ye Grateful)

(1/7) > >>

RGMike:
...Deadheads to Channel 9; KQED is showing The Grateful Dead Movie tonite for Pledge Month.

But meanwhile over on KTEH, they're doing one of those old-school soul spectaculars, and I got sucked in.  Impressively, they had a full orchestra (no singing to cheezy backing tracks for these folks), so there was a real flautist for "Everybody Plays the Fool" with Cuba Gooding SENIOR, and real strings for "Smiling Faces Sometimes".  Sadly, Rufus with some babe trying to do a Chaka imitation on "Tell Me Somethin' Good" was just not the same.  Unanswered question of the night: How many different "Peaches" has "Herb" gone thru in the last 40 years? But 1979 Pazz & Jop Winner "Reunited" sounded mighty fine, hey hey. And the occasional vintage clips of Stevie, Gladys and others too expensive to appear live were groovy, especially the one of a very young Al Green.  Usher, eat yer heart out!

And Ray Parker Jr is yet to come!

princessofcairo:
we must be channeling each other. i've been saying, "shut up. already. damn." since i left work yesterday. and you just know your avatar gets me all excited!

"when it comes to perfume
it's on the shelf
i take it down
and if no one's around
i-i, i smell myself"
-"prettyman," O-)>

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "princessofcairo" ---we must be channeling each other...
--- End quote ---

And the kick-drum is the fault!

RGMike:
And speaking of Old School, I'm listening to the Kiss Sunday Oldies Show, and the theme this hour is "duets". Not only did I hear Rene y Rene doing "Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero" for the first time in decades (!), but they played Gladys & Marvin doing a live duet of "Grapevine"! WTF? Never heard it before and he didn't identify the source so I have NO clue where it was from.

Alicat:
Thanks for the tip to check out PBS. Rod Stewart on KTEH now. Suze Orman or KQED. Rod wins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version