Author Topic: Thursday 2/24/05  (Read 3644 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thursday 2/24/05
« on: February 24, 2005, 07:35:36 AM »
Rod to DDT: now playing, "Must Of Got Lost" (great song, grammatical pet peeve of a title).  With full intro, yet.

Oh, and good news: Wal-Mart isn't coming to NYC (yet): http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/24/nyregion/24walmart.html
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday 2/24/05
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 07:38:10 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Oh, and good news: Wal-Mart isn't coming to NYC (yet): http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/24/nyregion/24walmart.html

Yeah, but you've got Target (pronounced: Tar-ZHAY) and that's all that matters.

More good news for Gaz: the Pope's back in the hospital!

BTW, did someone call you schnorrer? Hooray hooray hooray!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thursday 2/24/05
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:22:09 AM »
Love Is Like Oxygen.  Fruit flies like a banana.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thursday 2/24/05
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
DDT's playing Billy Joel's "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" (yet another DDTrina it seems) and I just noticed how Billy insists on singing "Brender and Eddie."

Also noticed that, for the moment anyway, my DDT player is once again displaying songtitle and artist info again.[/code]
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Thursday 2/24/05
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 03:35:15 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
DDT's playing Billy Joel's "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" (yet another DDTrina it seems) and I just noticed how Billy insists on singing "Brender and Eddie."

Also noticed that, for the moment anyway, my DDT player is once again displaying songtitle and artist info again.[/code]

it took me years to notice that he goes from "bottle of red/bottle of white" to "whites/reds"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Thursday 2/24/05
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 04:01:33 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "urth"

it took me years to notice that he goes from "bottle of red/bottle of white" to "whites/reds"

i'm feeling smart then. i noticed both of those things the first time i heard it. but, admittedly...that was only a month and a half ago. :)