Author Topic: BOS = Gloria G, WOS = Steve M  (Read 9935 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
BOS = Gloria G, WOS = Steve M
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:23:04 AM »
No surprises there, I'm sure.

And now Dave makes up for skipping EWF yesterday.  A very '70s-centric week, ne?

P.S.  FWIW, I *far* prefer the disc.server.com mode of organization to this one.  This one's great for groups that have discrete and specific topics of conversation, but I find it a nuisance for general chattery: too hard to tell at a glance which threads have unread messages, and if you click a thread you have to scroll through the whole thread to get to what's unread.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
have to agree
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:25:35 AM »
also a good chunk of the fun we have on disc.server is in our collective cleverness with post headings.

that kind of gets lost here.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
forum format
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:25:52 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

And now Dave makes up for skipping EWF yesterday.  A very '70s-centric week, ne?

P.S.  FWIW, I *far* prefer the disc.server.com mode of organization to this one.  This one's great for groups that have discrete and specific topics of conversation, but I find it a nuisance for general chattery: too hard to tell at a glance which threads have unread messages, and if you click a thread you have to scroll through the whole thread to get to what's unread.

I agree. I feel like I'm in and out of too many threads. I want to see it all laid out. I'm just being resistant.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: forum format--the icon on the right
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:27:46 AM »
takes you to the most recent post.

But no, it's not the same.

Quote from: "Alicat"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

I agree. I feel like I'm in and out of too many threads. I want to see it all laid out. I'm just being resistant.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: forum format--the icon on the right
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:34:17 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
takes you to the most recent post.

But no, it's not the same.
<snip>

Quote from: "Alicat
I agree. I feel like I'm in and out of too many threads. I want to see it all laid out. I'm just being resistant.[/quote

I find myself having problems finding specific posts, if I don't remember what thread they were under. Maybe we just need to start one thread for the day's set, and post everything regarding the set under that thread. Once the set's over we can start a new thread (or threads) for CG, DDT, etc. Or just have one thread for an entire day's posts.

:idea:  :twisted:  :evil:  :P  8)  :shock:  :lol:  :arrow:  :!:

Sorry, just playing with the emoticon thingy.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
RGMike
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 10:42:47 AM »
A very '70s-centric week, ne?

the marathon will be very pleasant tomorrow.

I agree, re: the layout.  [/quote]
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

i agree with layout isses, too
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 10:45:09 AM »
though it's nice to see geoff's avatar!

can we say we gave it the old college try? i think this sort of forum works well for less-frequent, more clearly-defined postings. but we're far too erratically verbose for this, methinks.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: i agree with layout isses, too
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 10:47:24 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
we're far too erratically verbose for this, methinks.

and god bless us... every one.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
BOS = Gloria G, WOS = Steve M
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 10:49:41 AM »
Over at the CG forum, they'd create a new topic everyday (it used to be 'Requests', then it became 'Vote for whatever song in the poll you'd like to hear'.

Folks would concentrate their posts in that new daily topic. Then it would get locked at a certain point and another created for the next day and so on.
nakes? On my plane?

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: i agree with layout isses, too
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
though it's nice to see geoff's avatar!

can we say we gave it the old college try? i think this sort of forum works well for less-frequent, more clearly-defined postings. but we're far too erratically verbose for this, methinks.

I guess that's the central point.  I think that sometimes clubmembers leave very intriguing posts, and I may not catch them until later in the day, and they're lost in the shuffle.

I guess when Rod gets the bill for  next year, that will put it in perspective.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!