Author Topic: Wednesday 16 Feb 05 - 1984  (Read 22367 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: If you're curious:
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »
Quote from: "airbrush"
maybe i'm preaching to the choir, i dunno.

But you can go to images.yahoo.com, click on the Video tab, and type in a search for "1984 Macintosh" and download/view the video if anyone's interested.  It still sends chills down my back, even 20 yrs later...

Or I could upload it to the site here, tho its 13.1 MB.  Just an idea...

thanks - i'll check it out when i get home. i'm not having luck downloading from the sites on yahoo from work.

scratch that - i just watched it. creepy.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Wednesday 16 Feb 05 - 1984
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2005, 11:13:23 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Christine & Diana share a one bedroom flat in Noe Valley.  To celebrate their first anniversary they buy a Jack Russell terrier.  If the dog requires two walks per day and they live 2 1/2 blocks from Duboce Park, how many hours per week will they spend discussing their relationship?

ROTFLSHISMOOMN!

(rolling on the floor laughing so hard i'm spraying milk out of my nose)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Wednesday 16 Feb 05 - 1984
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Hey Gaz, do you remember a funny that got distibuted around Schwab back in the day?  I distinctly remember getting it passed to me by Matt Kelly, it was a set of faux word problems called something like "Only in SF Math Problems"? Ring any bells?

I do remember that -- it was great.  I think one of them dealt with how many dime bags Rollo had to sell in Hunters Point to break even for the day.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
1984 Commercial
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2005, 06:28:28 PM »
Quote from: "airbrush"
I think it'd be a great sound bite for 84 if Dave played the only-once-ever-aired-but-best-commercial-ever Macintosh commercial for 1984 -- because it was based on George Orwell's 1984.. of course it works better with the video but the sound-only version probably would be Ok.

http://www.uriah.com/apple-qt/1984.html

this is the original version, not the one with the ipod.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!