Main Discussion Area > Regional 10@10's across the time zones!

KINK, 8/1/06: Top Ten Tuesday

(1/1)

RGMike:
Cat Stevens : Where Do The Children Play
Midnight Oil : Blue Sky Mine
John Denver : Rocky Mountain High
Bruce Cockburn : If A Tree Falls
Marvin Gaye : Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
Talking Heads : (Nothing But) Flowers
America : A Horse With No Name
The Pretenders : My City Was Gone
The Eagles : The Last Resort  
Joni Mitchell : Big Yellow Taxi  

well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in. But major props to Inessa for playing "Rocky Mountain High", one I've never heard in any 10@10.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in.
--- End quote ---

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  And I think they sang "One Tin Soldier," too.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---
--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in.
--- End quote ---

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  
--- End quote ---

And I always thought it was a drug-induced hallucination!

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- End quote ---

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Regardless, I know you'd agree with me that 3DN's "Out in the Country" should have taken the place of something there, probably the America.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Regardless, I know you'd agree with me that 3DN's "Out in the Country" should have taken the place of something there, probably the America.
--- End quote ---

Oh my yes. Paul Williams + ecology = classic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version