Author Topic: 3 July 2006: a "classic" Strictly Instrumental  (Read 7161 times)

Rastermon

• The Core
  • Three Bits
    • View Profile
    • Rastermon Graphic Design
3 July 2006: a "classic" Strictly Instrumental
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 10:51:04 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "Rastermon"
Quote from: "mshray"
I was diggin the set but not feeling to inspired to post, until I noticed our foreign correspondent is online.

How ya doin?

Oh - that's me..
Great, work is slow - 1/2 the Co. gone today

funny, i thought that was me. :)
great! work is almost over...two hours, 15 minutes more.

LOL
You know, I didn't consider Oregon That foreign, Now I realize its not! :oops:
There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
Quote from: "Rastermon"
I was diggin the set but not feeling to inspired to post, until I noticed our foreign correspondent is online.

How ya doin?

Oh - that's me..
Great, work is slow - 1/2 the Co. gone today

funny, i thought that was me. :)
great! work is almost over...two hours, 15 minutes more.

Ha Ha.

I think there was a delay between composing the post & hitting submit, so I didn't notice that Rastermon had posted. Corvallis may be off the beaten track, but Spain is actually foreign.

But glad to hear everyone is fine.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »
A fine set, and tho' Dave said it was "all-request", it didn't ring any bells. Another one from the vaults, I'm guessing.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »
I thought it was a "classic." It did sound good as I rolled south down 101 toward Gilroy.

I am always disaapointed to see beautiful barren land becoming developed which is too often the case. There was a large group of sheep (I think they were sheep) grazing sooo close to the construction.
Baaaaa -ad developers.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 09:26:58 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
I thought it was a "classic." It did sound good as I rolled south down 101 toward Gilroy.

I am always disaapointed to see beautiful barren land becoming developed which is too often the case. There was a large group of sheep (I think they were sheep) grazing sooo close to the construction.
Baaaaa -ad developers.

If that's how you feel then I recommend you avoid, at all costs, driving over the Dublin grade on 580 (which I do on my commute round trip daily).  It's not pretty.  In fact it looks like the hills are being cruelly tortured into submission.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Hills
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »

Baaaaa -ad developers.
If that's how you feel then I recommend you avoid, at all costs, driving over the Dublin grade on 580 (which I do on my commute round trip daily).  It's not pretty.  In fact it looks like the hills are being cruelly tortured into submission.

Quote from: "Captain Beefheart"
It breaks my heart to see the highways cross the  hills.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 10:05:16 AM »

Baaaaa -ad developers.

I know, I know. I drove over to Danville last month, 580 to 680. Back in the early 80's I went to Livermore frequently so I have seen all the development and know what it used to be. Dublin continues to grow and all the hills near you are popping up homes.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 10:20:36 AM »

Baaaaa -ad developers.

I know, I know. I drove over to Danville last month, 580 to 680. Back in the early 80's I went to Livermore frequently so I have seen all the development and know what it used to be. Dublin continues to grow and all the hills near you are popping up homes.

In the decade that began 3 years ago, ending aroung 2011, or so I'm told, Dublin/San Ramon will see over 11,000 new homes built.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 11:23:44 AM »

Baaaaa -ad developers.

I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. Every time I go to Sacramento, it's the same thing. In every direction, where there once were rice fields or foothills, there are now subdivisions, even in areas that the river occasionally chooses to flood (what are these people thinking?!)  Particularly heading east from Sac on US50, there used to be no development from just east of Hazel Ave until you got to El Dorado Hills (which was barely a wide spot in the road), and then little more until you hit Placerville. Now it's nearly uninterrupted development all the way to EDH, and the open space between there and Placerville is shrinking by the week.  And I'm told that the area south toward Elk Grove is the same only worse.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »
Depressing. There's money to be made on them thar hills. That's what it's all about.
There's no good answer.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »
Depressing. There's money to be made on them thar hills. That's what it's all about.
There's no good answer.

Unfortunately, that's what it comes down to. Farmers and ranchers have worke their tails off for years and barely make a living, and their kids aren't excited about taking over the family ranch, so a developer comes along and offers them seven figures for their land, they jump. And there are plenty of people out there who want "the American dream" (and I'm not saying they're not justified in this)--a house of their own that are willing to pay bucks to get it. So the hillsides become covered with these cookie-cutter McMansions with no back yard and 5 feet between the houses. It's basic economics--supply and demand--but it's still sad.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
bait and switch
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 05:33:30 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
There's no good answer.
Unfortunately, that's what it comes down to. Farmers and ranchers have worke their tails off for years and barely make a living, and their kids aren't excited about taking over the family ranch, so a developer comes along and offers them seven figures for their land, they jump. And there are plenty of people out there who want "the American dream" (and I'm not saying they're not justified in this)--a house of their own that are willing to pay bucks to get it. So the hillsides become covered with these cookie-cutter McMansions with no back yard and 5 feet between the houses. It's basic economics--supply and demand--but it's still sad.

So, everyone moves out to Elk Grove, commutes to a job in the Bay Area, then gas is $4/gallon.  Everyone is screwed.  Just like us Boomers are gonna get screwed by the Bushies when it's time for us to collect Social Security!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 09:26:32 PM »
now i'm feeling good with herbie. i'm such a sucker for cheesy cop show jazz.

Ooh, I love that phrase and I'm stealing it.

And Princess, you really ought check out the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex CD from last year, which would've made my Top 10 for the year had it not taken me until this February to hear it.[/url]
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 09:12:03 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
now i'm feeling good with herbie. i'm such a sucker for cheesy cop show jazz.

Ooh, I love that phrase and I'm stealing it.

And Princess, you really ought check out the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex CD from last year, which would've made my Top 10 for the year had it not taken me until this February to hear it.[/url]

thanks for the rec! i've written it down.