Author Topic: 5 Sept 2019: 10@10 marathon  (Read 12335 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 5 Sept 2019: 10@10 marathon
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 12:12:19 AM »
checked in on the clock radio in the kitchen.  Baseball rebroadcast.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
11:00pm

6/6/2006 - Tuesday....Today is 666...Day of doom...Music for the End...

Heh. Whoever picked these sets knew what they were doing. (The "soul patrol" set ended with "So Very hard to Go") The only thing they missed was the set that aired as the last Morey rerun in 2009: a '73 set that closed with "Neither One of Us (Wants to be the First to Say Goodbye)"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2019, 10:41:40 AM »
I am an amateur. But also, now that I see how beautifully MShray cleaned up my craptastic data scrapings, I would like to make this into a bonafide database. Or at least something that's more easily searchable and formatted.

Looking to see if there's any SMF modules that let have an arbitrary database that's searchable.
Darryl, let's get together sometime to go over the site's capabilities.  I'm getting overwhelmed by some of the tech stuff.
Happy to help where I can. I think the database thing would have to be separate. I was poking around the SMF docs and it seems strictly about forum stuff, which is fine. There's probably some way to slap a "search engine" in front of a Google Sheet...

Is there any facility for hosting files?  My setlists are plain text files and this board would be
a good place to make them available.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
11:00pm

6/6/2006 - Tuesday....Today is 666...Day of doom...Music for the End...

Heh. Whoever picked these sets knew what they were doing. (The "soul patrol" set ended with "So Very hard to Go") The only thing they missed was the set that aired as the last Morey rerun in 2009: a '73 set that closed with "Neither One of Us (Wants to be the First to Say Goodbye)"

And I didn't find out until this morning (as I had dozed off around 10:30 last nite) that the 6/6/6 set was something I suggested to Dave back then, and he gave me several shout-outs that day. ("blame it on Regular Guy Mike!"). Nice to be part of radio history. :)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round