Author Topic: KBCO, 1/10/06: 1978 redux  (Read 3825 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 1/10/06: 1978 redux
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 10:06:40 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Alicat"
Quote from: "RGMike"
VHM Bob Weir, "Heaven Help the Fool", another one I haven't heard since it was current.

Not sure I have ever heard this.

There was another song that got airplay from that record called Bombs Away that was quite catchy--does that ring any bells for ya? (Don't think the Dead ever did either of them, but I remember hearing Bobby and the Midnights do both.)

I remember that song.  But I sure seem to remember that LP as being released in '77 -- I can vividly picture it in my hands at my college radio station (and I left there in Sept '77). I didn't own the LP. It was on Arista, yes?  And I'm not thinking of his LP Ace, which was '72.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KBCO, 1/10/06: 1978 redux
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 10:40:21 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Alicat"
VHM Bob Weir, "Heaven Help the Fool", another one I haven't heard since it was current.

Not sure I have ever heard this.

There was another song that got airplay from that record called Bombs Away that was quite catchy--does that ring any bells for ya? (Don't think the Dead ever did either of them, but I remember hearing Bobby and the Midnights do both.)

I remember that song.  But I sure seem to remember that LP as being released in '77 -- I can vividly picture it in my hands at my college radio station (and I left there in Sept '77). I didn't own the LP. It was on Arista, yes?  And I'm not thinking of his LP Ace, which was '72.

I was going to say I thought you could be right, but AMG sez HHTF was released in 78. But it's possible you had an extremely early advance?

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0x6jtr29kl5x
Let's get right to it.