Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Music on TV

<< < (2/169) > >>

urth:

--- Quote from: "RGMike" ---
--- Quote from: "urth" ---Last night I stumbled across a great documentary...
--- End quote ---

"stumbling" is what we'll all be doing more of from now on -- have you seen the dreadful new incarnation of TV Guide? Rupert Murdoch strikes again. No more local listings! It's now a piece of crap that will go directly from the mailbox to the recycle bin. Sorry I re-upped a few months back; had I known I wouldn't've renewed.
--- End quote ---

Gee, y'know that might actually cost them MONEY to print local editions, even tho they've been doing it for, I dunno, 50 YEARS or so? I'm sure subscribers will bail in droves. More proof that Rupert Murdoch is a tool of the devil.

Another reason to buy the Sunday paper, even tho the Chron's weekly TV sched is pretty lame--minimal daytime coverage, no late night listings, not even all basic cable channels are included, and so on and so on. But at least you get the local stations.

ggould:

--- Quote from: "urth" ---
--- End quote ---
"stumbling" is what we'll all be doing more of from now on -- have you seen the dreadful new incarnation of TV Guide? Rupert Murdoch strikes again. No more local listings! It's now a piece of crap that will go directly from the mailbox to the recycle bin. Sorry I re-upped a few months back; had I known I wouldn't've renewed.
--- End quote ---
Gee, y'know that might actually cost them MONEY to print local editions, even tho they've been doing it for, I dunno, 50 YEARS or so? I'm sure subscribers will bail in droves. More proof that Rupert Murdoch is a tool of the devil.

Another reason to buy the Sunday paper, even tho the Chron's weekly TV sched is pretty lame--minimal daytime coverage, no late night listings, not even all basic cable channels are included, and so on and so on. But at least you get the local stations.
--- End quote ---

I agree with your assessment of Rupert Murdoch, but for me, I use the tvguide.com/listings  link.  Once setup, it's quicker to find what's on TV (if you have that laptop in the living room!) than to open the paper.  Plus there's more detail about the episodes.

urth:

--- Quote from: "ggould" ---
--- Quote from: "urth" ---
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree with your assessment of Rupert Murdoch, but for me, I use the tvguide.com/listings  link.  Once setup, it's quicker to find what's on TV (if you have that laptop in the living room!) than to open the paper.  Plus there's more detail about the episodes.
--- End quote ---

I should have added that paper TV schedules are probably going to be phased out in a number of years anyway, as most satellite or cable boxes, DVRs and also HDTVs are packaged with an electronic program guide that will show upcoming programming on-screen. One of these is provided by none other than TV Guide, although it's not the most functional of utilities, from what I've read.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6029_7-6302301-1.html?tag=txt

ggould:
I'm kind of enjoying this, in a drunken English Music Hall sort of way.

Photograph...sweet.  Who's in the band?

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---Dolly Parton performing on Conan O'Brien's show in minutes.  She was charming in the pre-song interview.  Couldn't remember all her duet partners on her new album, which seemed weird.
--- End quote ---

This just in: Dolly's on the Daily Show tonite at 11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version