Author Topic: 10 March 2014: AL is back to... 1971!  (Read 7796 times)

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
Re: 10 March 2014: AL is back to... 1971!
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
Missed the set entirely -- will have to listen on SoundCloud later. What got BOS?
I missed it -- was having browser issues so I had to close everything down & of course that was right when she announced it. But perhaps she'll revive the tradition of putting that in the posted setlist, along with some of the other conventions that went by the wayside under RR's regime.

In contrast with the other 10@10 hosts, Annalisa has typically not announced the BOS winner(s)
after the first commercial break, apparently leaving the voting open a bit longer.  I listened for a
while after the set but did not hear it mentioned.

Is her old e-mail address back in service?  I would encourage anyone who participates in the FB
thread to ask that she resume the practice of marking the BOS winner(s) on the posted set lists.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »
What can I say about this elixer?!!?!

Several "wow" moments in a set with an extremely low LNQ.  And three -- count 'em -- three
wonderful "big name" bust-outs!  The tracks from the Stones, Pink Floyd, and surprisingly, Led
Zeppelin were all new comers to 10@10.  Most of the rest have only been played a handful of
times.  This is how it should be done, boys and girls.  An impressive and encouraging return
debut.  Today's set demonstrates the enormous potential of a strong year like 1971.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »
I Woke Up In Love This Morning - Partridge Family
Do you Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels 
Moonlight Mile - Rolling Stones
Angel - Jimi Hendrix
Witch Of New Orleans - Redbone 
Story In Your Eyes - The Moody Blues 
Fearless - Pink Floyd
Respect Yourself - Staple Singers
Misty Mountain Hop - Led Zeppelin
Heavy Makes You Happy - Staple Singers

I am flabbergasted that "Moonlight Mile" was a bustout.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:54:01 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 10:29:43 AM »

Several "wow" moments in a set with an extremely low LNQ.  And three -- count 'em -- three
wonderful "big name" bust-outs!  The tracks from the Stones, Pink Floyd, and surprisingly, Led
Zeppelin were all new comers to 10@10.  Most of the rest have only been played a handful of
times.  This is how it should be done, boys and girls.  An impressive and encouraging return
debut.  Today's set demonstrates the enormous potential of a strong year like 1971.

Jeff's really out there on this stuff!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »

Jeff's really out there on this stuff!

One of two excellent albums -- both as yet untapped for 10@10 -- released by that artist in 1971.