Author Topic: 24 Dec 2007: Return of the 10@10 Xmas Card!  (Read 4537 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Dec 2007: Return of the 10@10 Xmas Card!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »
Well, that's it for me around here today. Gotta go load up the sleigh and head off thru the fog to Sacto--have a great Xmas holiday, one and all. Thanks to all of you for the support, the laughs, the snarky commentary, and an amazing compendium of YouTube vids! Travel safely if you have to be out on the roads during the holiday, and I'll check back in here later this week.

(Sudden thought: is Dave taking his annual Xmas holiday this year? If he is, he's sure getting a late start. Guess we'll know in a few days.)
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
Well, that's it for me around here today. Gotta go load up the sleigh and head off thru the fog to Sacto--have a great Xmas holiday, one and all. Thanks to all of you for the support, the laughs, the snarky commentary, and an amazing compendium of YouTube vids! Travel safely if you have to be out on the roads during the holiday, and I'll check back in here later this week.

(Sudden thought: is Dave taking his annual Xmas holiday this year? If he is, he's sure getting a late start. Guess we'll know in a few days.)
he said "see you next year!" at the end of the show.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »
Did anyone happen to record this?  I'll make a point to catch it this Saturday on the replay.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
Did anyone happen to record this?  I'll make a point to catch it this Saturday on the replay.

I'll betcha it's the leadoff set on Saturday. It was replayed last nite too.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »

I listened to the 2002 Foghead Xmas card set last Friday while heading down to Tanforan to pick up a couple last-minute items (malls at Xmas--ugh) and heard nearly all of your predictions. The only two I'd add are the Waitresses and an outside hope for Chris Isaak's take on Mele Kalikimaka.

indeed, Waitresses are a must.  

Well I was listening but didn't have the computer on to post, and after the Waitresses track got screwed up I was pretty bummed, as that was the track I most looked forward to.  Later we were headed into the city to spend the rest of the afternoon & evening at Christina's mom's house in the Sunset, and were crossing the San Mateo bridge at 3,  just as KFOG began their commercial-free Christmas, and was surprised to hear Annalisa manning the booth still.  So I grabbed my cell phone & called her, explained that Dave had thrown away the Waitresses CD after it messed up but that he'd also said there was another copy in the studio somewhere, and could she please play "Christmas Wrapping" in the next 25 minutes before I got to my in-laws where I wouldn't be able to listen to KFOG.

Not only did she already have it cued up to play in the on deck position, but she had the tape rolling and played back my call before the song.  So wife & kids got to hear me on the radio moments after overhearing my call on the phone.  They all agreed it didn't sound like me!

P.S.  I remember both the Giver & L Dewd.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »

I listened to the 2002 Foghead Xmas card set last Friday while heading down to Tanforan to pick up a couple last-minute items (malls at Xmas--ugh) and heard nearly all of your predictions. The only two I'd add are the Waitresses and an outside hope for Chris Isaak's take on Mele Kalikimaka.

indeed, Waitresses are a must.  

Well I was listening but didn't have the computer on to post, and after the Waitresses track got screwed up I was pretty bummed, as that was the track I most looked forward to.  Later we were headed into the city to spend the rest of the afternoon & evening at Christina's mom's house in the Sunset, and were crossing the San Mateo bridge at 3,  just as KFOG began their commercial-free Christmas, and was surprised to hear Annalisa manning the booth still.  So I grabbed my cell phone & called her, explained that Dave had thrown away the Waitresses CD after it messed up but that he'd also said there was another copy in the studio somewhere, and could she please play "Christmas Wrapping" in the next 25 minutes before I got to my in-laws where I wouldn't be able to listen to KFOG.

Not only did she already have it cued up to play in the on deck position, but she had the tape rolling and played back my call before the song.  So wife & kids got to hear me on the radio moments after overhearing my call on the phone.  They all agreed it didn't sound like me!

P.S.  I remember both the Giver & L Dewd.

the best Xmas present Annalisa has ever given a man  ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
Gotta love that guy's Xmas Wish for a new album from Yes -- and he wants the orig lineup, no less. Dream on, bub!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 10:33:09 AM »
But they did fix the Waitresses track in time for the replay, if anyone wondered.

Hope you all had lovely Christmases.  Enjoy the weekend!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »
But they did fix the Waitresses track in time for the replay, if anyone wondered.

er, no they didn't -- it was just as crappy-sounding this morning as it was Monday -- Dave still dumped out of it early.  I'm sure there was nobody around this week who was in a position to re-record anything.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »
12/24/2007 - Monday...Today it's the 10@10 Christmas Card 2007!!

1.  John & Yoko - Happy Xmas (War is Over)   
2.  Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas   
3.  XTC - Thanks for Christmas   
4.  Beach Boys - Little St. Nick   
5.  Keb Mo - Jingle Bell Jamboree   
6.  Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping   
7.  Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run   
8.  Kinks - Father Christmas   
9.  KT Tustall - Mele Kalikimaka   
10.  Drifters - White Christmas   

BONUS TRACK:  Chris Isaak - Gotta Be Good
Let's get right to it.