Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 12/17/07  (Read 6313 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 12/17/07
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
Hearing Gary Glitter's "Another Rock'n'Roll Xmas" reminds me:The Sharks have started using his music at games again -- did the NHL un-ban him?
Yes. Thank goodness. The Glitter rock n roll goal song is baaaack. You need to get to a game! I think I'll see you there on Saturday, yes? I'm in 117, next to last row, seat 1-2. Last night was a lot of ruckus on the ice. I'm hoping for more on Saturday. After NOT seeing me last time we were both there, we should try to meet and greet.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »
I'm doing the AccuRadio thang

Classic Rocktopia: Go Deep   

All the Girls Love Alice 

One For the Vine 
 Genesis
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:03:17 PM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 03:31:11 PM »
Hearing Gary Glitter's "Another Rock'n'Roll Xmas" reminds me:The Sharks have started using his music at games again -- did the NHL un-ban him?
Yes. Thank goodness. The Glitter rock n roll goal song is baaaack. You need to get to a game! I think I'll see you there on Saturday, yes? I'm in 117, next to last row, seat 1-2. Last night was a lot of ruckus on the ice. I'm hoping for more on Saturday. After NOT seeing me last time we were both there, we should try to meet and greet.

Yes, the substitute "GOAL!" music was lame. Sound-alike but not really sound-alike enuf.  I'm going Sat nite (will post my location tonite when I get home). Going to try out Los Cubanos (a couple blocks from HP) for dinner.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »

Yes, the substitute "GOAL!" music was lame. Sound-alike but not really sound-alike enuf.  I'm going Sat nite (will post my location tonite when I get home). Going to try out Los Cubanos (a couple blocks from HP) for dinner.

Ali: I'm sitting in Sec 212, row 13, seat 10. Let me know if you need me to send my cel # again.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »
somafm makes my season with the John Denver/Muppets version of "We Wish You a Merry Xmas"  It's not Piggy pudding, it's Figgy pudding! made with figs... and bacon.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
somafm makes my season with the John Denver/Muppets version of "We Wish You a Merry Xmas"  It's not Piggy pudding, it's Figgy pudding! made with figs... and bacon.

and it's followed by something from the legendary Star Wars Xmas LP...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:10 PM »

and it's followed by something from the legendary Star Wars Xmas LP...

Which I've seen!  "What do you get a Wookiee for Christmas when he already owns a comb?"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »

Ali: I'm sitting in Sec 212, row 13, seat 10. Let me know if you need me to send my cel # again.
I think I have you in my cell, ends with ...1693?
212 is fairly close to 117. Not sure if Bob is going with me or if I'm taking one of my kids. Last night was a good fight night. Hoping for more altercations on Saturday. I'm not shy to say I like it! I try to watch the pregame skate from the glass next to the Sharks bench. If you're in 212 and there early, you can look down and left and might see me. Then I meander over to my side of the ice and I'll swing by your section. I'll have my Sharks santa hat on.
If you want to find me, go in the doors for sec 116/117. 117 is on your left as you're looking down. I'm on the aisle, seats 1 & 2 in the row in front of the last row.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:09:20 AM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
if Kurtis Blow ruled the world, he'd love all the girls -- love 'em, love 'em baby!  Greg prmised Mr Blow and I fully expected "Xmas Rapping" but this was a nicer surprise. the looooong version, too.

ETA: followed by Floy Joy, that joyboy.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 01:17:38 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
OMGWTFLOL -- Greg plays a reggae-tinged "Grandma Got Run Over...", by the '80s incarnation of the Drifters (!?!) because the orig is apparently (incredibly) not well-known in the UK. New to me --  I'm nearly speechless!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »
For Gaz's edification, if nobody else's: this week's Klassic Kasem was part one of his two-part countdown of the Top 100 Singles of 1978. We got 100 thru 51 today, and presumably the rest next week.  Kinda weird, in that this was orig a 4-hour show, shrunk-to-fit into 3 hours -- lots of songs were seriously telescoped. OMGWTFLOL-of-the-Day goes to Player's *other* hit, "This Time I'm in it For Love", which I surely haven't heard in decades.