Author Topic: KBCO, 7/19/07: 1979  (Read 3569 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 7/19/07: 1979
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Hooray for a diff Nick Lowe cut -- BOS4 "Cracking Up".  His new CD is getting some nice notices. Read an interview where he says nasty things about Macca -- he thinks that Vegas Cirque de Beatles thing is "ghastly".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
Marcus is GOD!  BOS5 Patti Smith comes on like some heroine, "Dancing Barefoot"!

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 09:37:18 AM »
BOS n+1, "Dancing Barefoot".  Nicely done Marcus.  

Now if only you send us out with Tim Curry, this will be the best 1979 set ever.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Hoorya for a diff Nick lowe cut -- BOS4 "Cracking Up".  His new CD is getting some nice notices. Read an interview where he says nasty things about Macca -- he thinks that Vegas Cirque de Beatles thing is "ghastly".

He's touring in October, GAMH here I believe.

BOS3, Patti's Dancing Barefoot.

Always thought it was nice that Miss Smith married Fred "Sonic" Smith, thereby not having to change her name while still taking her husband's. Or not. Depending on how she felt on a given day.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 09:40:23 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Hoorya for a diff Nick lowe cut -- BOS4 "Cracking Up".  His new CD is getting some nice notices. Read an interview where he says nasty things about Macca -- he thinks that Vegas Cirque de Beatles thing is "ghastly".

He's touring in October, GAMH here I believe.

BOS3, Patti's Dancing Barefoot.

Always thought it was nice that Miss Smith married Fred "Sonic" Smith, thereby not having to change her name while still taking her husband's. Or not. Depending on how she felt on a given day.

The hands of he, and the promise that she
Is blessed among women.

"Snails on the food!" -- VHM Steve Martin.  Bad case of... indigestion?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
ooo! a Space-Themed set tomorrow!

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »

In the Chinese world this is very common.  For example in Taiwan just about 20% of the population have one of the three most common surnames:  Chen, Lin or Huang (my wife's surname).  

In mainland China the top name is Zhang (written Chang in Taiwan & Singapore), and there are so many people with that name that
A) if you set them up in their own country it's population would be as big as Japan's,
B) In Beijing alone it is said that there are 10,000 women with the exact same name (Zhang Su-mei or something like that)
C) at one point in dynastic history overpopulation was a big concern, and one of the ministers made a proposal that made it all the way to the emperor suggesting that one way to reduce the population 10% would be to simply kill everyone named Zhang.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

In the Chinese world this is very common.  For example in Taiwan just about 20% of the population have one of the three most common surnames:  Chen, Lin or Huang (my wife's surname).  

In mainland China the top name is Zhang (written Chang in Taiwan & Singapore), and there are so many people with that name that
A) if you set them up in their own country it's population would be as big as Japan's,
B) In Beijing alone it is said that there are 10,000 women with the exact same name (Zhang Su-mei or something like that)
C) at one point in dynastic history overpopulation was a big concern, and one of the ministers made a proposal that made it all the way to the emperor suggesting that one way to reduce the population 10% would be to simply kill everyone named Zhang.

"more chins than a Chinese phonebook". I wonder how many "Young"s there are in Utah...