Author Topic: 22 Dec 2006: 1972  (Read 4245 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
22 Dec 2006: 1972
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"
love this Reagan-on-Wallace clip.  Rare case of the "real" person behind the candidate/facade being more interesting and worthy than the public persona.

I remember when Wallace was shot, I went into school the next day and a buddy of mine said "Abraham, Martin, John and... GEORGE???"

BOS5 "Water Song".

I was taken by this clip too--whether or not you agree with him, it's amazing how well spoken he was in what could only have been an off-the-cuff situation. I don't know if he could have come up with such a coherent thought late in his presidency, but at this point, the guy could speak.

I don't ever remember hearing that clip at the time (of course he was guv of CA and I was in NYC), but here's a guy eloquently bemoaning hatred and violence -- and who would later be in the pocket of the NRA and the Christian Right.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
22 Dec 2006: 1972
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 04:19:58 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
love this Reagan-on-Wallace clip.  Rare case of the "real" person behind the candidate/facade being more interesting and worthy than the public persona.

I remember when Wallace was shot, I went into school the next day and a buddy of mine said "Abraham, Martin, John and... GEORGE???"

BOS5 "Water Song".

I was taken by this clip too--whether or not you agree with him, it's amazing how well spoken he was in what could only have been an off-the-cuff situation. I don't know if he could have come up with such a coherent thought late in his presidency, but at this point, the guy could speak.

I don't ever remember hearing that clip at the time (of course he was guv of CA and I was in NYC), but here's a guy eloquently bemoaning hatred and violence -- and who would later be in the pocket of the NRA and the Christian Right.

Then imagine what Arnie will be like if he ever gets his wish of amending the constitution to allow him to run for president.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
list
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:15 AM »
12/22/2006 - FRIDAY!!!! Today's 10@10 "Classic" is from...1972!!

1.   Procol Harum - Conquistador      
2.   Stevie Wonder - Superstition      
3.   Looking Glass - Brandy      
4.   Steely Dan - Kings      
5.   Fleetwood Mac - Sentimental Lady      
6.   Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia & the Boogie Woogie Flu
7.   Elton John - Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters      
8.   Spinners - I'll Be Around      
9.   Hot Tuna - Water Song      
10.   Cat Stevens - If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out      

BONUS TRACK:  Todd Rundgren - Couldn't I Just Tell You
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!