Author Topic: KBCO, 9/7/06: 1985  (Read 4934 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 9/7/06: 1985
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 10:18:08 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Sorry, an annoying phone call brought the crankypants!

Fortunately for me I got a very promising phone call before I sat down and read a very disturbing email.

Good news, someone wants to fly me out to Chicago, as soon as they get back from Europe, for a job that in his words "your background seems perfect for."  Job would be locally based, but US HQ is in Chicago.

Bad news, I think my current CEO is actually insane AND he's out to get me. I just hope, if he really wants to fire me, he just goes ahead & does it without making me suffer any more.

Damn, hang in there buddy!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »

Fortunately for me I got a very promising phone call before I sat down and read a very disturbing email.

Good news, someone wants to fly me out to Chicago, as soon as they get back from Europe, for a job that in his words "your background seems perfect for."  Job would be locally based, but US HQ is in Chicago.

Bad news, I think my current CEO is actually insane AND he's out to get me. I just hope, if he really wants to fire me, he just goes ahead & does it without making me suffer any more.

Damn. That's harsh. But there's no accouting for the sanity (or lack thereof) of one's higher-ups.

If he does give you the ax, do you think you can spin it to new employers so it doesn't sound so bad? Otherwise if you seriously think it's coming, it might be best to bail. No severance or unemployment, but no black mark on your resume either.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Damn. That's harsh. But there's no accouting for the sanity (or lack thereof) of one's higher-ups.

If he does give you the ax, do you think you can spin it to new employers so it doesn't sound so bad? Otherwise if you seriously think it's coming, it might be best to bail. No severance or unemployment, but no black mark on your resume either.

I'm going to stay late today and make a phone call to Asia to try to clear the air.  I suppose I should be able to ameliorate well enough to survive another 2 weeks.

All of this is over a month-old 2-sentence email that apparently he didn't receive, in which I explained that our move to the new office was going to be delayed because of the build-out (i.e. beyond my control) but that everything under my control was going fine, the new move in date was 8/25 and there would be no further problems.  Now 14 days after successfully completing the move he still is obsessing over this email.  He wants to know why I haven't answered questions that in fact I answered 2 emails ago, and he's accused me of over-reacting, when all I said was please call me at your convenience & we can clear this up in about 2 minutes of direct conversation.  

At one point I said "it seems pretty clear that you think I'm lying about sending this email" & he replied, "I don't think you're lying, but I have the right to think so."

WTF!?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010