Author Topic: KBCO, 9/6/06: 1974  (Read 3440 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 9/6/06: 1974
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 09:41:12 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Wow!  Who the *bleep* is Timmy Thomas!?  It never occurred to me that Sade was doing a cover song, and the longer it goes on, the clearer it becomes that she did an amazingly faithful cover at that.

Seriously?  This was a big hit in early '74 and Dave's played it more than once.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BOS5 Marley, mon, "Lively Up Yourself"

This has not only been a typically great Ginger set, but at this point we've got a '74 flavor that I can't recall anyone else giving us.  Not quite sure how to describe it.

That original version of "Why Can't We Live Together" & the Marley, paired with the Skynyrd & now the Little Feat makes for a very unusually effective set.  Southern boogie & Reggae, who'd a thunk it ?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 09:47:21 AM »
Wow!  Who the *bleep* is Timmy Thomas!?  It never occurred to me that Sade was doing a cover song, and the longer it goes on, the clearer it becomes that she did an amazingly faithful cover at that.

Seriously?  This was a big hit in early '74 and Dave's played it more than once.

Well I'll take your word for it, but it's not in the Db.  Having checked to see that it reached number 3 on the Pop Charts (in 1973!), I guess I must have heard it when I was ten, but I really can't recall it, more's the pity.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »
I was just riffing on my Hatchett/Skynyrd comment from Bob's set :wink:  

I know, just keepin' you honest.  wink wink back atcha.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »

Huh. I could swear I have it on a recording someplace, but you've got my DB, so either I'm mistaken (most likely) or there's an uncataloged set somewhere in my archive.

Btw, Steve Winwood also did a fairly faithful cover of WDWLT a couple of years ago. I think it might even be on one of the Live From the Archives discs, as he played it at KaBoom the year he headlined.
Let's get right to it.