Author Topic: KBCO 7/17/07: 1982  (Read 3961 times)

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KBCO 7/17/07: 1982
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Ho-lee crap! Joni! "Chinese cafe", BOS5 and kudos to Marcus for one of the most interesting '82 sets in memory.

I think he's quite a bit younger than you & me, here's his KBCO bio.

The Story of Marcus: Born Marcus Allen Zimmerman in Duluth, Minnesota, Marcus briefly attended the University of Minnesota before leaving for New York City to be a part of the coffeehouse scene. It wasn’t long before he ended up in the Green Mountains of Vermont, splitting the year between snowboarding and following Phish around the country. After showing off in an attempt to make it into a ski movie, a few broken bones forced him to give up snowboarding. Without Phish to follow around the country, Marcus ended up in Boulder, where the mountains are bigger, there’s better Mexican food, and the jam scene is more reliable. Now he enjoys biking and compulsively reorganizing his CD collection.

which made me wonder right off...a Zimmerman from Duluth?  ya don't suppose...?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Ho-lee crap! Joni! "Chinese cafe", BOS5 and kudos to Marcus for one of the most interesting '82 sets in memory.

The Story of Marcus: Born Marcus Allen Zimmerman in Duluth, Minnesota, Marcus briefly attended the University of Minnesota before leaving for New York City to be a part of the coffeehouse scene. It wasn’t long before he ended up in the Green Mountains of Vermont, splitting the year between snowboarding and following Phish around the country. After showing off in an attempt to make it into a ski movie, a few broken bones forced him to give up snowboarding. Without Phish to follow around the country, Marcus ended up in Boulder, where the mountains are bigger, there’s better Mexican food, and the jam scene is more reliable. Now he enjoys biking and compulsively reorganizing his CD collection.

Um, I think that's meant to be a joke, no?  "coffehouse scene", har har.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »

Yeah I got that part, but I'm wondering if he's really a a Zimmerman from Duluth & he's actually making a joke about a distant relative, or at least playing a joke on the people who always ask him if he's related.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »

Yeah I got that part, but I'm wondering if he's really a a Zimmerman from Duluth & he's actually making a joke about a distant relative, or at least playing a joke on the people who always ask him if he's related.

So I emailed him with some praise for the last two sets, and also enquired about the bio.  He replied:

My bio is almost 100 percent fabricated.  I am from Minnesota, but I thought if used all of Bob Dylan’s biography it would be a bit too obvious.  I prefer to be more low key rather than write about all the different radio stations I’ve worked at.

--Carlos Santana, 2010