Author Topic: No 10@10 Xmas Card again this year  (Read 2198 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
No 10@10 Xmas Card again this year
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:35:57 AM »
Dave announced this morning that today is his "last day before Xmas Vacation" -- he's going to Hawaii and presumably won't be back until after New Years -- so for the second year in a row, no Xmas set. :cry:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: No 10@10 Xmas Card again this year
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Dave announced this morning that today is his "last day before Xmas Vacation" -- he's going to Hawaii and presumably won't be back until after New Years -- so for the second year in a row, no Xmas set. :cry:

That's a real bummer.  The Christmas set has long been one of the most emotionally touching things on radio.

Good thing I didn't send Dave any birthday requests.   :x
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:29:47 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

That's a real bummer.  The Christmas set has long been one of the most emotionally touching things on radio.

Good thing I didn't send Dave any birthday requests.   :x

The morning show this am had one of those last-day-before-vacation vibes, which confirmed my suspicions of yesterday. Oh well. I imagine those sets are kind of labor-intensive, editing together all the various clips--and probably cleaning them up to take out all the pauses and "umm, err's". It's just that it got to be a pretty nice tradition, so I'm sure we're not the only ones bummed about its disappearance.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
I imagine those sets are kind of labor-intensive, editing together all the various clips--and probably cleaning them up to take out all the pauses and "umm, err's". It's just that it got to be a pretty nice tradition, so I'm sure we're not the only ones bummed about its disappearance.

No doubt they got comments last year about the lack of an Xmas set; obviously Dave didn't let that have any effect on his vacay plans this year. Unless he has a holiday set (sans Foghead greetings) in the can, tho' I kinda doubt it.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
I imagine those sets are kind of labor-intensive, editing together all the various clips--and probably cleaning them up to take out all the pauses and "umm, err's". It's just that it got to be a pretty nice tradition, so I'm sure we're not the only ones bummed about its disappearance.

No doubt they got comments last year about the lack of an Xmas set; obviously Dave didn't let that have any effect on his vacay plans this year. Unless he has a holiday set (sans Foghead greetings) in the can, tho' I kinda doubt it.

This is probably one of those instances where as senior DJ (and probably senior employee of the entire station by now) he gets to pull rank and take his vacay whenever the hell he feels like. You'll notice Annalisa and Big Rick will probably be working thru the holiday weeks.
Let's get right to it.