Author Topic: KINK, 8/1/06: Top Ten Tuesday  (Read 1590 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KINK, 8/1/06: Top Ten Tuesday
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »
Cat Stevens : Where Do The Children Play
Midnight Oil : Blue Sky Mine
John Denver : Rocky Mountain High
Bruce Cockburn : If A Tree Falls
Marvin Gaye : Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
Talking Heads : (Nothing But) Flowers
America : A Horse With No Name
The Pretenders : My City Was Gone
The Eagles : The Last Resort  
Joni Mitchell : Big Yellow Taxi  

well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in. But major props to Inessa for playing "Rocky Mountain High", one I've never heard in any 10@10.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KINK, 8/1/06: Top Ten Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:01:32 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in.

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  And I think they sang "One Tin Soldier," too.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:04:13 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
well, I guess this was an ecology/anti-development theme, tho' I'm not sure where "Horse With No Name" fits in.

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  

And I always thought it was a drug-induced hallucination!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:40:48 PM »

A college friend of mine used to tell me about how his hippie-ish kindergarten teacher would lead the class in singing then-contemporary songs with an environmental/activist bent, and "Horse" was among them.  Guess "the humans will give no love" was the big payoff line there.  

Regardless, I know you'd agree with me that 3DN's "Out in the Country" should have taken the place of something there, probably the America.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

Regardless, I know you'd agree with me that 3DN's "Out in the Country" should have taken the place of something there, probably the America.

Oh my yes. Paul Williams + ecology = classic