Author Topic: 3 Dec 2015: it's... OMFG, our first 2005 set!  (Read 11449 times)

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Dec 2015: it's... OMFG, our first 2005 set!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 01:36:35 PM »
6. Genius - I'm Getting Back Into Getting Back Into You
so Google was right after all. So why did she say it was the Silver Jews, (or Silver Juice)?
OK, I'm getting people on FB saying it's Silver Jews. Are you making these lists yourself or getting them from KFOG? Because today's isn't on the KFOG site yet.

A month ago I had an epiphany... I realized I was spending as much or even more time waiting for,
and then correcting all the format problems, capitalization and punctuation errors, spelling inconsistancies, etc.
of the KFOG lists, than if I simply took notes and did it myself.  So yes, all the lists I've been posting are entirely
my creation, and all errors are mine.  I usually use my own knowledge, and search my files to verify titles and
spelling.  (The bust-out list naturally falls out as a result of this process.)  I use the posts here (if they're not too
elliptical) and Google to help me for songs I don't otherwise recognize, and finally the back-sell if I must, but for
unfamiliar works sometimes it can be difficult to tell what is the group's name and what is a parenthetical comment
from Annalisa.  In this case, as I know fuck-all about music from 2005 and there isn't a single previous 2005 set,
I relied on your comment and when I googled the title I saw "Genius" in the results, so I thought that was indeed
the group's name.  I see now that "genius" referred to the web site, and I can't even find any musical group with
that name.  Furthermore, the Silver Jews' 2005 release of Tanglewood Numbers contains the track in question,
so that's probably correct.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Dec 2015: it's... OMFG, our first 2005 set!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 08:12:42 PM »
From KFOG's website:

12/3/15 Thursday!! Doing a Heck of a Job in…2005!!

(News: Pres Bush to FEMA director "Brownie, you're doin' a heck of a job.")
  1.  The Killers- Mr Brightside
(News: Hurricane Katrina devastation)
  2.  Allen Toissaint- Yes We Can Can
(TV: Daily Show: Pres Bush vacay response to hurricane damage)
  3.  Beck- Black Tambourine
  4.  White Stripes- My Doorbell
(Movie: Brokeback Mountain)
  5.  Bonnie Raitt- I Will Not Be Broken
  6.  Silver Jews- I'm Getting Back Into Getting Back Into You
  7.  Coldplay- Fix You
  8.  My Morning Jacket- Wordless Chorus
(News: "the facebook.com trance")
  9.  Spoon- I Turn My Camera On
(TV: Daily Show US not on board w/climate control Kyoto protocol)
10.  Arcade Fire- Wake Up
Tuned to a natural E