Author Topic: Tues October 4--it's 1992  (Read 7694 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Tues October 4--it's 1992
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 10:08:45 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i'll order a round of crankypants for the gang.
bos to neil - i was thinking the same thing re: "old man." if i send in a bos vote to morey, it's via email.

same here.  listened to the whole set but was only interested in the INXS, Knopfler & Neil.

I vote by phone or email, sometimes both if I feel strongly (shhh, don't tell!).  I sometimes have a bit of a chat with Dave if I manage to call when no one else does, but other times I try to say a 2nd sentence and he kinda cuts me off.  

I don't have IM set up at all, for the same reason that I've never tried crack.  I've seen what it has done to some friends of mine, so.........
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Tues October 4--it's 1992
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 10:37:32 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I don't have IM set up at all, for the same reason that I've never tried crack.  I've seen what it has done to some friend so of mine, so.........

I know what you mean. I rarely sign on to AIM any more, thanks to a few friends who ambush me at the worst times. Ya just gotta be able to say, "sorry, gotta go." Unfortunately, one of the groups I work with uses YIM for work communication, so I gotta stay connected there while I'm at the office. (Luckily the aforementioned friends haven't figured that out yet.)

However, I have no use for the people in restaurants and bars who are madly IM'ing on their PDAs about god knows what. My god, man, just be in the moment. Whoever's on the other end can live without your deathless prose for a few hours. </ rant>
Let's get right to it.