Author Topic: CG/VIP/LNG/KPOO etc Week of 3/20/06  (Read 10948 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG/VIP/LNG/KPOO etc Week of 3/20/06
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
More from Greg... He was being a bit cryptic on the air, answering my questions in code, sorta.  I emailed him to say how sad we will be to lose CG and especially his Soul Spectrum.  he replied:

"The reason I am being so coy is that this might not be the end of it, because some companies are fighting the decision and it might eventually be overturned, so Here's To The Future of Radio on the Web.

I sure am going to miss my world-Wide audience, it now feels like good neighbours have gone away.

Thanks for being with us,

Cheers
Greg"

Fill me in...I have totally missed something here. Damn work keeping me too busy.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Fill me in...I have totally missed something here. Damn work keeping me too busy.

OK... this was posted earlier in the week... UK radio stations that stream on the 'net will have to block their streams to anyone outside to UK to avoid paying music licensing fees in every other country in the world (WAY too expensive).  Kicks in on April 1st.  Fingers crossed that it can be averted, but right now it doesn't look good.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
radioio.com
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »
been really digging the world channel.  It's perfect for when I'm working on school stuff, as if it's in English, my brain becomes easily distracted!  Lots of cool pickin'.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2006, 08:31:48 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "Alicat"

OK... this was posted earlier in the week... UK radio stations that stream on the 'net will have to block their streams to anyone outside to UK to avoid paying music licensing fees in every other country in the world (WAY too expensive).  Kicks in on April 1st.  Fingers crossed that it can be averted, but right now it doesn't look good.

Per Bob Shannon, deejay at VIP Radio:

"I got a response from Kev Roberts, head of VIP. He says they are definitely NOT pulling the stream--and that most broadcasters over there are entering into negotiations with PPL (the British music royalties association)."

So we'll still have VIP and this gives hope that CG may not be lost either, in the long run.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round