Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

Music on TV

(1/169) > >>

ggould:
not sure I'd seen this thread.  If you know where it is, let me know and I'll repost.

I'm watching America on Soundstage tonight, KTEH, and it's pretty odd.  I had forgotten they had formed in the UK, as sons of military men, and they all look quite Aryan.  But I like the music, even though sometimes it seems so cute and precious I want to strangle it!

urth:
Last night I stumbled across a great documentary on George Clinton and the P-Funk juggernaut on channel 9, on a program called Independent Lens. Was pretty cool and they had some great archival footage of P-Funk shows through the years, including the Mothership and one clip of George onstage wearing a bedsheet with nada underneath (they censored little George tho, natch). Some cool interview stuff with various members from throughout the years and those who've followed in their footsteps--Ice Cube, Digital Underground, De La Soul, lots more. Hope they rebroadcast it--I didn't have a chance to pop a tape in (yet another reason to get a TiVo).

Gazoo:
Dolly Parton performing on Conan O'Brien's show in minutes.  She was charming in the pre-song interview.  Couldn't remember all her duet partners on her new album, which seemed weird.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "urth" ---Last night I stumbled across a great documentary...
--- End quote ---

"stumbling" is what we'll all be doing more of from now on -- have you seen the dreadful new incarnation of TV Guide? Rupert Murdoch strikes again. No more local listings! It's now a piece of crap that will go directly from the mailbox to the recycle bin. Sorry I re-upped a few months back; had I known I wouldn't've renewed.

ggould:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---Dolly Parton performing on Conan O'Brien's show in minutes.  She was charming in the pre-song interview.  Couldn't remember all her duet partners on her new album, which seemed weird.
--- End quote ---

I just got her new CD, which features a lot of the original artists sitting in with her on some great old songs.  Mary Hopkin, Cat Stevens, Kris Kristofferson, Judy Collins, and so on.  It's not really duets, but a nice touch anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version