Author Topic: Local (and other) radio news  (Read 462666 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Local (and other) radio news
« Reply #1155 on: June 04, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »
Any Rick Dees fans left in the world?  he's now carried locally on 92.7 The Rev, 6-10 am.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/118075/royce-adds-rick-dees-in-mornings-for-san-francisco#ixzz2SZ5BVPS3

Attention Big Fingers McG: In addition to the above, 92.7 is also running Mr Dees' "Weekly Top 40" countdown on Sunday afternoons.

Thanks. I occasionally catch the show online from www.rick.com, but there may one day be an occasion for me to listen while driving.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
Dear Live 105: I don't need to hear "Under Pressure" on your station. Or any other, for that matter.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 05, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »
Dear Live 105: I don't need to hear "Under Pressure" on your station. Or any other, for that matter.

Ditto "I Melt With You"...

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 05, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »
This morning's Modern Mix track on Live: the 12" version of Peter Godwin's "Images of Heaven." Nice!

Aside: every time we get a modern mix track by someone from Germany...Masters always tells us so.  I swear I hear him say "This is _____, from Germany" at least 2-3x/week.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:31:37 PM by radical347 »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
This morning's modern mix track: BLUE by Eiffel 65!  :o

-Did they actually play it back then?  (Outside of their specialty EDM show.)  Steve Masters says they were the first station in the area to.
-It sounded good in between The Naked & Famous and M83.
-It would have sounded even better during their "Energy 105" phase last year.
-Live 105 should add it as a recurrent/gold.  Nobody plays it anymore, so it qualifies as "alternative."
-This song got shafted on Pop, it was supposed to hit #1 but stalled at #3 and took a nosedive. :(
-I feel somewhat cheated out of a vintage track today...their 7:30 retro track was "Enjoy the Silence."  ::)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:13:17 PM by radical347 »

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 06, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »

-Did they actually play it back then?  (Outside of their specialty EDM show.)  Steve Masters says they were the first station in the area to.
-Live 105 should add it as a recurrent/gold.  Nobody plays it anymore, so it qualifies as "alternative."
-This song got shafted on Pop, it was supposed to hit #1 but stalled at #3 and took a nosedive. :(
-I feel somewhat cheated out of a vintage track today...their 7:30 retro track was "Enjoy the Silence."  ::)

Trying to remember what it stalled behind... it was probably around March 2000? "Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely" might have been one of the culprits.. I don't think "Bye Bye Bye" had started its meteoric rise yet.

And try telling anybody that they had a second hit! ("Move Your Body").

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 06, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »

Trying to remember what it stalled behind... it was probably around March 2000? "Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely" might have been one of the culprits.. I don't think "Bye Bye Bye" had started its meteoric rise yet.

You're on the right track...for all 3 weeks, #2 was Christina Aguilera "What a Girl Wants" and #1 was Savage Garden "I Knew I Loved You."

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 06, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »

You're on the right track...for all 3 weeks, #2 was Christina Aguilera "What a Girl Wants" and #1 was Savage Garden "I Knew I Loved You."

Those Top 3: all artists that have never appeared on 10@10, as far as I know. What I wouldn't give to see the reaction after those three songs are played consecutively in a 1999 or 2000 set! Actually, Savage Garden's "I Want You" would be a very good TOTHK for a 97 set, but I ain't holding my breath.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

Those Top 3: all artists that have never appeared on 10@10, as far as I know. What I wouldn't give to see the reaction after those three songs are played consecutively in a 1999 or 2000 set! Actually, Savage Garden's "I Want You" would be a very good TOTHK for a 97 set, but I ain't holding my breath.

the Aguilera tune was on my 2000 wish list; given that she played Pink, I think she would've eventually played Christina.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 06, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »

Agreed.  Ditto with To the Moon and Back, which has been on my wishlist.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 10, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »
May radio ratings. All our "usual suspects" essentially unchanged and blah blah blah...

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb009

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 11, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
May radio ratings. All our "usual suspects" essentially unchanged and blah blah blah...

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb009

Did a double-take when I noticed that the chart linked above lists KTCT (KNBR's second frequency) as being a Susquehanna station. They sold out in what, 2007? Earlier?
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 18, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Steve Masters's Modern Mix tracks for last week:

Monday: The Human League “Don’t You Want Me”
Tuesday: Men Without Hats “The Safety Dance”
Wednesday: Erasure “Oh L’Amour”
Thursday: Laid Back “White Horse”
Friday: Information Society “What’s On Your Mind (Pure Energy)”

The first three are pretty mainstream and 4 & 5 aren't terribly unusual either. :-\  The vintage tracks are gradually being dumbed down, I fear. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 18, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »

The first three are pretty mainstream and 4 & 5 aren't terribly unusual either. :-\  The vintage tracks are gradually being dumbed down, I fear.

Agreed. This morning he did Siouxie's "Cities in Dust" (12" mix)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 25, 2013, 07:48:19 AM »

Agreed. This morning he did Siouxie's "Cities in Dust" (12" mix)

They seem to have scaled way back on the "classic alternative" stuff generally.