Author Topic: Local (and other) radio news  (Read 462674 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Local (and other) radio news
« Reply #1110 on: April 20, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
The lack of a newsperson suddenly became an issue during the Boston stuff this week.

Speaking of which, I wonder how KFOX's morning newscasts went this week.

So, what happened to Gory?  He didn't do much besides recite the morning paper anyway.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 21, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »
The lack of a newsperson suddenly became an issue during the Boston stuff this week.

So, what happened to Gory?  He didn't do much besides recite the morning paper anyway.

we were talking about Live 105 and K-FOX, not KFOG.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 21, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

AFAIK, K-FOX has no news in the AM.
~CPL593H~

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »

AFAIK, K-FOX has no news in the AM.

Interesting... I've only listened to AL a few times before I'm shooed away by the frequency of overplayed geezer rock. I wonder if they make exceptions for remarkable scenarios.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1114 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
sorry, didn't see any reference; incorrectly assumed the default would be KFOG.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
I'm really digging this new Daft Punk song; it's almost a mid-'70s BeeGees kinda thing.  Really wondering whether KFOG will end up adding this one.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 22, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »
I feel like I've heard "Lightning Crashes" more times in the past 2 weeks than I ever did when it was new.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 23, 2013, 08:35:54 AM »
Steve Masters' retro-mix today was Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy's fabulous "Kiss Me".. 2 thumbs up!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 23, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
Doing AL's lunchtime request-thingy on K-FOX; was delighted to hear Alice Cooper's "Under My Wheels" which I suspect is not in the regular rotay there.

Ditto Rod the Mod's "Every Picture Tells of Storied Donuts".

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:51:23 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
I'm really digging this new Daft Punk song; it's almost a mid-'70s BeeGees kinda thing.  Really wondering whether KFOG will end up adding this one.

Masters just played it and apparently the singer is none other than Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes (and for those of you with small children he did the songs for Despicable Me).

OMG: the 8:30 "Modern Mix Classic" is the Pet Shop Boys remix of Blur's "Boys & Girls". Fab. Yoo. Luss!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:31:27 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:02 PM »
Doing AL's lunchtime request-thingy on K-FOX

so AL needs a song that begins with an "N".. and a guy who sounded like a total stoner/surfer/Jeff Spicoli type asked for "(K)Nockin' on Heaven's Door". Uh, sorry bro'.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »
Doing AL's lunchtime request-thingy on K-FOX

so AL needs a song that begins with an "N".. and a guy who sounded like a total stoner/surfer/Jeff Spicoli type asked for "(K)Nockin' on Heaven's Door". Uh, sorry bro'.

But you gotta admit that's kinda funny.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 25, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

DC (a self-proclaimed Daft Punk fan) spun it on New Music Thursday this morning.  Live 105 has also been playing it like every other hour.

I want to love it because it's funky as hell but I just can't get past the inane lyrics.

"We've come too far to give up who we are / I'm up all night to have fun / she's up all night to get lucky / we're up all night to get lucky" WTF...it's as if they're defining themselves by having random sex in colloquial terms.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 25, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »

DC (a self-proclaimed Daft Punk fan) spun it on New Music Thursday this morning.  Live 105 has also been playing it like every other hour.

I want to love it because it's funky as hell but I just can't get past the inane lyrics.

"We've come too far to give up who we are / I'm up all night to have fun / she's up all night to get lucky / we're up all night to get lucky" WTF...it's as if they're defining themselves by having random sex in colloquial terms.

A funky song with inane lyrics? Gee, that NEVER happens.  ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »

A funky song with inane lyrics? Gee, that NEVER happens.  ;)

TANC: I was about to comment that it's interesting that KFOG loves to add songs after Live 105 discovers them, but the opposite never seems to happen -- Live 105 isn't playing that OMD song, afaik.  And I wish they would... anyway I saw and liked your FB comment about it. Does KFOG only play it on Thursdays?