Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/26/07  (Read 11681 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 11/26/07
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2007, 11:45:10 AM »
Surprise of the Day: The Temptations' version of "Friendship Train" -- new to me.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
Hoo Lawd! Bobby W, "If You Think You're Lonely Now".

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »
Too bad the PM replay of AT40 doesn't include the first hour; the bottom of this week's chart from '73 was very interesting -- a festival of sound-alike follow-ups including:

Tony Orlando, still looking for Sweet Gypsy Rose in the "Strawberry Patch With Sally"
Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Get Down" clone, "Ooh Baby"
"My Music", L&M's cheap knockoff of "Your Mama Don't Dance"

Kudos, then, to the Stylistics for the underrated "Rockin' Roll Baby", one of their rare uptempo numbers. But a worst-of-the week to "Be", Neil Diamond at his most pretentious -- a scary harbinger of his future. And Best Flashback to Art Garfunkel's "All I Know", a gorgeous Jim Webb lyric, beautiful production and  -- sadly -- a completely forgotten Top Ten single.

ETA: and this is weird -- I'm looking at the Hot 100 charts for late '73 and the "Chart Bound" box at the top of the Sept 15th chart indicates that Thunderclap Newman's "Something in the Air" was re-released as a single that week. WTF?  It never even charted as a result of that re-issue... bet someone at MCA got demoted as a result of that blunder.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:38:20 PM by RGMike »