Author Topic: Welcome to the 10@10 club  (Read 73413 times)

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »
Thanks, Alison! I liked your posting "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" a couple of weeks back. That song is one of my earliest musical memories.

I assume you're referring to Charlie Rich, not AFKAP.
Yeah, being 43, I would have been a REALLY slow learner to have that Prince, er Symbol, song be one of my first memories.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2011, 10:51:04 AM »
Belated greetings to Josh and Lattegirl!  I've been unusually absent from the board much of the past two months, owing to changes in my work schedule and living arrangement.  But I'm one of the longtimers here, a former SFer who's been in NYC since February 2003.  I'm a copy editor and former music critic who worships at the altar of '66-'75 pop (especially Beatles, Monkees and Jefferson Airplane/Starship) and DESPISES mayonnaise.  (And pickles and mustard and relish - I'm largely a condimentaphobe.)  Welcome to the clubhouse!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2011, 11:10:26 AM »
DESPISES mayonnaise.  (And pickles and mustard and relish - I'm largely a condimentaphobe.) 

so if Pat Burrell were slathered with mustard & mayo...?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »
DESPISES mayonnaise.  (And pickles and mustard and relish - I'm largely a condimentaphobe.) 

I've got the trifecta of mayonnaise, pickles, and relish hatred, but I do love mustard. I am emphatic that mustard be on sandwiches I order and not mayo. Gazoo, does your condimentaphobia extend to ketchup? Ketchup is so wonderful.
Wait a minute, what's that I'm hearing? Townshend, Daltrey and various studio musicians are hard at work on the belated follow-up to Quadrophenia, called Condimentaphobia? Jimmy Cooper survives his horrific fall down Beachy Head only to age into an agoraphobic, confined to his bedroom to avoid the omnipresence of condiments. The Who remake their sound into monotonous electronica to replicate Jimmy's mental state.
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »

I've got the trifecta of mayonnaise, pickles, and relish hatred, but I do love mustard. I am emphatic that mustard be on sandwiches I order and not mayo. Gazoo, does your condimentaphobia extend to ketchup? Ketchup is so wonderful.
Wait a minute, what's that I'm hearing? Townshend, Daltrey and various studio musicians are hard at work on the belated follow-up to Quadrophenia, called Condimentaphobia? Jimmy Cooper survives his horrific fall down Beachy Head only to age into an agoraphobic, confined to his bedroom to avoid the omnipresence of condiments. The Who remake their sound into monotonous electronica to replicate Jimmy's mental state.

"Relish, Rain o'er Bangers"
"The Real Mayo"
"The Punk and the Godmustard"

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
DESPISES mayonnaise.  (And pickles and mustard and relish - I'm largely a condimentaphobe.)  

"The Real Mayo"

and he gets thrown in the paddy wagon with Ace Open-Face, leader of the Turkey Club.

also featured:

Cut My Mustard
Bell Pepper Boy
Sea and Sandwich
Is it in my Headcheese?
$5.15 ($6.50 with fries)
~CPL593H~

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
$5.15 ($6.50 with fries)
$5.15 ($6.50 with fries) is my request for the next 10@10 (I don't care what the year or theme is)!
Slipping into something

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
My three songs:

I Am MayoMan, Black Sabbath
Mr. Mustardo, Styx
Synchrocondomentistity, The Police (best I could come up with :P)
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
DESPISES mayonnaise.  (And pickles and mustard and relish - I'm largely a condimentaphobe.)  

"The Real Mayo"

and he gets thrown in the paddy wagon with Ace Open-Face, leader of the Turkey Club.

also featured:

Cut My Mustard
Bell Pepper Boy
Sea and Sandwich
Is it in my Headcheese?
$5.15 ($6.50 with fries)

Que, Sriracha, Sriracha
and
Little Red Rooster (Sauce)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

"The Real Mayo"

also featured:

Cut My Mustard
Bell Pepper Boy
Sea and Sandwich
Is it in my Headcheese?
$5.15 ($6.50 with fries)

Que, Sriracha, Sriracha
and
Little Red Rooster (Sauce)

Haha, you guys are slaying me.  Mike: I've gotten turned off of Burrell of late.  I've heard too many reports of him being a total asshole.  Plus, the shaved chest - ick.  HTY: I'm OK with ketchup, but I don't seek it.  More often I eat fries dry.  I used to put soy sauce on them at home.  I'm just not that into vinegar-y things.  (I don't like the vast majority of salad dressings either.)  And I have bad memories of my grandmother, in the throes of Alzheimer's in '83, making and storing hundreds of jars of picalilly in the cellar in the event of something cataclysmic happening.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
I've gotten turned off of Burrell of late.  I've heard too many reports of him being a total asshole. 

no wonder so many pussies are jealous.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
A FB friend of mine is subscribed to updates from an abomination called Baconnaise. [Insert grossed out emoticon here] I'll have to find a way to block those status updates. 
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
A FB friend of mine is subscribed to updates from an abomination called Baconnaise. [Insert grossed out emoticon here] I'll have to find a way to block those status updates.

are they showing up in YOUR newsfeed? if so you CAN block them (without blocking all his/her posts).

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Hi, I'm Ken.

Thanks to Geoff, I am the latest member to this forum.

I've been a long-time listener of KFOG's 10@10 -- started listening around the time Monty Hall had replaced Don Pardo doing the intros for Dave Morey.  I've been a lurker on the old Yahoo group and more recently here.

Looking forward to posting here regularly.  :)
Tuned to a natural E

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »
Hi, I'm Ken.

Thanks to Geoff, I am the latest member to this forum.

I've been a long-time listener of KFOG's 10@10 -- started listening around the time Monty Hall had replaced Don Pardo doing the intros for Dave Morey.  I've been a lurker on the old Yahoo group and more recently here.

Looking forward to posting here regularly.  :)

Welcome Ken!