Author Topic: 16 July 2008: 1968!!!  (Read 4519 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 16 July 2008: 1968!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 10:34:38 AM »
Dang, dem '60's sets are always too short!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »
damn! I coulda gotten up earlier and listened to the stream with you guys!  Excellent sounding song selections.  Coming home today.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
damn! I coulda gotten up earlier and listened to the stream with you guys!  Excellent sounding song selections.  Coming home today.

Bummer.  I hate when vacations end.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
07/16/2008 - Wednesday! Great tunes from...1968!!!

1.  Equals - Baby Come Back   
2.  Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through the Grapevine   
3.  Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy   
4.  Monkees - Daydream Believer (BEST OF SET!!)   
5.  Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built   
6.  Simon & Garfunkel - Hazy Shade of Winter   
7.  Beatles - So Tired   
8.  Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man   
9.  Four Tops - If I Were a Carpenter   
10.  Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire   

BONUS TRACK:  Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues

Excellent choice for Bonus track -- kudos to Annalisa and the winning foghead.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »
BOS7 CWOAB, "Fire"  I'll see you burn!
Frightening TANC: I actually had a "Baby I've Been Thinking" blog entry in the works on "Fire," which I was expecting to finish over the weekend and post Monday.  Now I have added incentive and relevance.

Thanks, Mike, for calling out 2 of my 3 BOS votes (the other being S&G, though the Bangles' version is even better).  And Wayback, I am utterly envious right now - have you been around here long enough to know how much of a Monkees fan I am?   :o
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:11 PM »
Frightening TANC: I actually had a "Baby I've Been Thinking" blog entry in the works on "Fire," which I was expecting to finish over the weekend and post Monday.  Now I have added incentive and relevance.

Thanks, Mike, for calling out 2 of my 3 BOS votes (the other being S&G, though the Bangles' version is even better).  And Wayback, I am utterly envious right now - have you been around here long enough to know how much of a Monkees fan I am?   :o
Does it impress you to know that Mickey was a neighbor of our high school typing teacher, and actually came to visit once?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »

Does it impress you to know that Mickey was a neighbor of our high school typing teacher, and actually came to visit once?

er... I watched him on "Circus Boy" when I was 5... does that count?

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 08:32:02 AM »
audio on 10@10, watching British Open.  The 4 Tops song an enjoyable juxtaposition of styles.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 07:43:42 AM »

He visited your high school?  Or did y'all hang out at your typing teacher's house?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:45 AM »

He visited your high school?  Or did y'all hang out at your typing teacher's house?
He came to the high school.  It was quite a mob scene.  He was holed up behind some ticket window doorway in the student center.