Author Topic: KBCO, 8/7/07: 1992  (Read 3216 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 8/7/07: 1992
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:24 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Big fat BOS to Peter Pumpkinhead.

Yay!

indeed, BOS4 for me, a superior '92 set (tho' from Ginger we expect no less).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:36 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
I hate to say it, but it's probably Sting at his worst.

You took the gag right out of my keyboard.

But OOH!  BBBOS to the Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead!  I adore this song both for its music and its message.  And I'll once again tout the Crash Test Dummies cover that came out a year or so later (sung as much by the gal in the band as Mr. Bass Man).
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
I hate to say it, but it's probably Sting at his worst.

You took the gag right out of my keyboard.

But OOH!  BBBOS to the Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead!  I adore this song both for its music and its message.  And I'll once again tout the Crash Test Dummies cover that came out a year or so later (sung as much by the gal in the band as Mr. Bass Man).

and quite prescient, in re: Clinton.

from the Dumb & Dumber sndtk, yes?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 09:36:16 AM »
Guilty Displeasure: JLH, "BBBB"

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »
never listened to the KFOG morning show with M.Dung.

who or what is M.Dung?

He was the morning guy before Dave. Surely we've discussed him here before. I found him annoying and unfunny but he had his following, apparently.

VHM Helen Hunt when she was good.

Dung started out as doing a Sunday evening oldies show called the Idiot Show, and had a very over-the-top persona sort of reminiscent of Dr. Johnny Fever, referring to the listeners as "babies" and interjecting the phrase "DOW!" (hopefully not in ref to the petrochemical company) at every opportunity. I think he thought he was channeling the DJs of the 50s. Eventually he attracted an audience and somehow leveraged that gig into the morning show. I wasn't in the bay area then, so rarely got to hear him on the morning gig, but I remember hearing the sunday night show in the early days of KFOG (82 thru say, 87).

BOS Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
Guilty Displeasure: JLH, "BBBB"

I'm with ya there.  Not feeling this (then again, I have a very limited appreciation of blues-rock and the blues).
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 09:39:52 AM »
BOS4 to INXS's "Beautiful Girl," with an opening oddly reminiscent of JC's "Ain't Even Done With the Night."

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
never listened to the KFOG morning show with M.Dung.

who or what is M.Dung?

He was the morning guy before Dave. Surely we've discussed him here before. I found him annoying and unfunny but he had his following, apparently.

VHM Helen Hunt when she was good.

Dung started out as doing a Sunday evening oldies show called the Idiot Show, and had a very over-the-top persona sort of reminiscent of Dr. Johnny Fever, referring to the listeners as "babies" and interjecting the phrase "DOW!" (hopefully not in ref to the petrochemical company) at every opportunity. I think he thought he was channeling the DJs of the 50s. Eventually he attracted an audience and somehow leveraged that gig into the morning show. I wasn't in the bay area then, so rarely got to hear him on the morning gig, but I remember hearing the sunday night show in the early days of KFOG (82 thru say, 87).

Thanks for the history -- I remember when I first moved here, he hosted the Bammies, which were being televised, and I thought "who *is* this moron?" he fairly yelled at every artist he interviewed. His other catchprahse, as I recall, was "oh-DAY!"

The "Idiot Show" was sort of Dr Demento-meets-Wolfman Jack, no?