Author Topic: CG/KPOO/LNG etc Week of 2/6/06  (Read 10952 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/LNG etc Week of 2/6/06
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 03:18:42 PM »
JJ on KPOO gives us The Deele, "2 Occasions"!  followed by new (?) Prince, "Call My Name",  one of his "Do Me Baby"-type slow jamz.  Hoo Lawd!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
JJ on KPOO gives us The Deele, "2 Occasions"!  followed by new (?) Prince, "Call My Name",  one of his "Do Me Baby"-type slow jamz.  Hoo Lawd!

That was from his latest album, Musicology; it actually made the Hot 100 (though missed the Top 40) and won him a Grammy.  He has a new one now called "Black Sweat" that sounds like a "Kiss" update, not bad.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

That was from his latest album, Musicology; it actually made the Hot 100 (though missed the Top 40) and won him a Grammy.  He has a new one now called "Black Sweat" that sounds like a "Kiss" update, not bad.

Thank you kindly -- it was my first time hearing it and I may have to put Musicology on my "to get" list.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

Thank you kindly -- it was my first time hearing it and I may have to put Musicology on my "to get" list.

Definitely recommended, particularly the tracks "A Million Days" and "Cinnamon Girl," both of which hark to his rock guitar-centric days.  I think you'll be happy with it.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »
JJ on KPOO pulls out some rare Sly: "I Get High on You".  Followed by the Pointers' "You Gotta Believe".