Author Topic: CG/KPOO/WLNG etc week of 1/30  (Read 14506 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/WLNG etc week of 1/30
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »
ooo! Kid Creole, "Annie, I'm not Your Daddy"

"'cause if I was in your blood
then you wouldn't be so ugly..."

LOL!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
Oh My! Earlier we heard Womack & Womack, "Love Wars", and now here's daddy Bobby's "California Dreaming".

Followed by another Bobby: Mr Brown, "Every Little Step", long before he got interested in Doodie Bubbles.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »
most out-of-left-field WLNG Nugget EVER: "Son of My Father" by Giorgio (?) from 1972. I've never heard this version before, but I've heard the British version by Chicory Tip, which was a UK #1 that year.  Can't wait to look this one up in Whitburn -- I don't think it did very well chartwise.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »
Nugget of the Week: Checkmates Ltd, "Black Pearl", their fab Phil Spector-produced hit from '69.  Spectacular.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
most out-of-left-field WLNG Nugget EVER: "Son of My Father" by Giorgio (?) from 1972. I've never heard this version before, but I've heard the British version by Chicory Tip, which was a UK #1 that year.  Can't wait to look this one up in Whitburn -- I don't think it did very well chartwise.

It's credited to Giorgio Moroder on the "Have a Nice Day" comp I have (I forget which volume, same one with "Softly Whispering I Love You").

Gaz

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2006, 10:29:12 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "RGMike"

It's credited to Giorgio Moroder on the "Have a Nice Day" comp I have (I forget which volume, same one with "Softly Whispering I Love You").

Gaz

Thanks! per Whitburn the label said simply "Giorgio"; there was a cover battle, with Giorgio peaking at 48 and the Chicory Tip version (credited to simply "Chicory" in the US) only got to 91.  Moroder didn't chart again until "Chase" in '79.