Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 2/18/08  (Read 7554 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 2/18/08
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
And here on the replay is Don McLean's unfairly overlooked "Dreidel", which gets Flashback-of-the-Day honors (and that's saying something on a chart like this).

Ah, and I miss the days when Casey would answer questions like "which animal has been named in the most #1 songs?" (the answer is "dog", in 3 #1s, BTW).

And now Casey intros Bette Midler as "one of the most acclaimed nightclub performers in years".  Well, I guess bath-houses are clubs that you go to at night...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
Barry Scott kicks off tonight's Lost 45s with "Yes We Can Can."  I wonder if their albums of the period are worth seeking out.

On the slate for later: interviews with Suzi Quatro and Chris Norman.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
The Bee Gees' original "Run to Me"; I sang the praises of Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs' cover of it to anyone who would listen.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
Oh, for goodness' sakes: "Disco Lucy."  Utter Desilunacy.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »
An early Chris Norman & Smokie record, "If You Think You Really Love Me," sounding a LOT like Albert Hammond's "... Southern CA," which I just listened to a little while ago. (I have a major crush on Hammond Sr. as he appeared in '74.)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »
Barry plays Paul Davis's "I Go Crazy" and informs us that -- I didn't know that! -- the record was produced by Michael "Let's All Dance" Zager.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 06:46:55 PM »
Barry plays Paul Davis's "I Go Crazy" and informs us that -- I didn't know that! -- the record was produced by Michael "Let's All Dance" Zager.

Dude. You're missing the f---ing Oscars.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »

Dude. You're missing the f---ing Oscars.

Shocker: I could really give a good goddamn about the Oscars.  I'm copyediting a newsletter while listening to Suzi Quatro's "Gloria" rewrite, "Lipstick."

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 10:52:20 AM »
An early Chris Norman & Smokie record, "If You Think You Really Love Me," sounding a LOT like Albert Hammond's "... Southern CA," which I just listened to a little while ago. (I have a major crush on Hammond Sr. as he appeared in '74.)

TANC: just heard this on CG -- "If You think You Know How to Love Me" is the actual title -- and it's a fine single that deserved better in the US (it reached #3 in the UK). Sweeney says Chris Norman is a big star in Germany these days. Wonder if he knows Hasslehoff?