Main Discussion Area > Mondegreens, My 3 Songs, Other Trivia

courtesy of Ken Jennings

<< < (4/40) > >>

RGMike:

--- Quote from: mshray on January 03, 2008, 10:31:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: RGMike on January 03, 2008, 10:30:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: mshray on January 03, 2008, 10:00:58 AM ---Here's another good trivia question from KJ's weekly 7-question quiz:

4.  What's the only single in the history of the Billboard Top Ten to share its name with a book of the Bible?  ("Theme from Exodus" is NOT a
 biblical book.)

--- End quote ---

Well it'd have to be "Daniel" I guess.  But there's an album named after 3 books of  the bible -- name that.

--- End quote ---

Lyle Lovett: Joshua Judges Ruth

--- End quote ---

DING DING DING!

mshray:
Here's another one from KJ:

What unusual distinction is shared by these songs?  "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton, "Can It Be All So Simple" by Wu-Tang, "Fade Away and Radiate" by Blondie, "Hotel California" by the Eagles, "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC, "Love Potion No. 9" by the Clovers, "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett, and "Night Moves" by Bob Seger.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: mshray on February 12, 2008, 09:36:19 AM ---Here's another one from KJ:

What unusual distinction is shared by these songs?  "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton, "Can It Be All So Simple" by Wu-Tang, "Fade Away and Radiate" by Blondie, "Hotel California" by the Eagles, "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC, "Love Potion No. 9" by the Clovers, "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett, and "Night Moves" by Bob Seger.

--- End quote ---

I can only give this the Cliff Clavin response: They're all songs that have never been in my kitchen.  (My computer, and thus my iTunes, is in the kitchen.)

mshray:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on February 12, 2008, 09:47:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: mshray on February 12, 2008, 09:36:19 AM ---Here's another one from KJ:

--- End quote ---

I can only give this the Cliff Clavin response: They're all songs that have never been in my kitchen.  (My computer, and thus my iTunes, is in the kitchen.)

--- End quote ---

Is this a TANC response, or did you in fact hear Ginger play a clip of that Jeopardy episode today?

RGMike:

--- Quote from: mshray on February 12, 2008, 11:53:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gazoo on February 12, 2008, 09:47:07 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Is this a TANC response, or did you in fact hear Ginger play a clip of that Jeopardy episode today?

--- End quote ---

ooo! ooo! they all mention years in the lyrics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version