Author Topic: The Drive, 9/19/07: 1975  (Read 2443 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Drive, 9/19/07: 1975
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 08:28:57 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "RGMike"
a new dental-themed montage!  BOS2!

and BOS3 Chicago, "Harry Truman" -- wasn't it Gaz who recently said he'd never heard this?

Believe so, and I said I wondered why Daved never plays it.

BOS from me, and it looks like a mighty fine first half of the set before I got here.

I'm afraid I don't like it.  Clarinets rarely sound good to me, and this overall just seems too self-consciously old-timey.  THOSE WOI DA DAYYYS ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 10:10:44 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

and BOS3 Chicago, "Harry Truman" -- wasn't it Gaz who recently said he'd never heard this?

BOS from me, and it looks like a mighty fine first half of the set before I got here.

I'm afraid I don't like it.  Clarinets rarely sound good to me, and this overall just seems too self-consciously old-timey.  THOSE WOI DA DAYYYS ...

Er, well... yes. I do believe that is the point.

And not surprising from a band who got together and emphasized horns because they appreciated '40s Big Band stuff.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Er, well... yes. I do believe that is the point.

Heh.  Emphasis on *self-consciously*.  Didn't sound natural.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”