Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1096674 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1170 on: March 30, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
In case you missed the big announcement, the headliners at Kaboom! this year are... Los Lonely Boys.  Again.

They seem to be in a bit of a rut. Wasn't last year's a repeater as well?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 31, 2009, 07:41:56 AM »
In case you missed the big announcement, the headliners at Kaboom! this year are... Los Lonely Boys.  Again.

They seem to be in a bit of a rut. Wasn't last year's a repeater as well?

and the 2nd act this year's a rerun as well: Susan Tedeschi.

But they're trying something interesting tomorrow: the Morning show will be a song chain. Each song title will begin with the last word in the title of the previous song, for example

"Chain of Fools"
"Fools Gold"
"Gold Dust Woman"

etc

(And because it's April Fools Day the first song will indeed be "Chain of Fools".)  Could be interesting, and they hope to go the entire 4 hours without reaching a dead end and having to "reset".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 31, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »

"Chain of Fools"
"Fools Gold"
"Gold Dust Woman"

etc

I might have to wake up early, just to hear KFOG play Stone Roses outside of 10@10.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 31, 2009, 10:31:39 AM »

"Chain of Fools"
"Fools Gold"
"Gold Dust Woman"

etc

I might have to wake up early, just to hear KFOG play Stone Roses outside of 10@10.

That was just an example they gave  (and actually, I thought of Graham Parker's "Fools Gold" when Greg mentioned it).  they continued with "Woman gotta Love me" (?) and then "Me & Bobby McGee"... which is a "stopper" as there's no song that begins with "McGee". They hope to avoid stoppers tomorrow so don't count on anything.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

"Chain of Fools"
"Fools Gold"
"Gold Dust Woman"

etc

That was just an example they gave  (and actually, I thought of Graham Parker's "Fools Gold" when Greg mentioned it).  they continued with "Woman gotta Love me" (?) and then "Me & Bobby McGee"... which is a "stopper" as there's no song that begins with "McGee". They hope to avoid stoppers tomorrow so don't count on anything.

Can't imagine they're going to fly blind on this. Webster, Irish Greg and Benson have probably been poring over their list for a couple days.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »

"Chain of Fools"
"Fools Gold"
"Gold Dust Woman"

etc

Can't imagine they're going to fly blind on this. Webster, Irish Greg and Benson have probably been poring over their list for a couple days.

they insist this will be live and improvised -- with listener input because (all together now) "Fogheads choose".

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
related to Chain of Fools
« Reply #1176 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:54 AM »
On Love's immortal Forever Changes album, the first song on side 2, "Maybe The People Would Be The Times or Between Clark & Hilldale,"  uses an interesting rhyme scheme, where the implied last word of a verse becomes the first word of the next verse (except for verse 3 to 4):

Verse 1:
What is happening and how have you been
Gotta     go but Ill see you again
And oh, the music is so loud
And then I fade into the...

Verse 2:
Crowds of people standing everywhere
cross the street Im at this laugh affair
And here they always play my songs
And me, I wonder if its...

Verse 3:
Wrong or right they come here just the same
Telling everyone about their games
And if you think it obsolete
Then you go back across the street
Yeah, street, hey hey

Verse 4:
When I leave now dont you weep for me
Ill be back, just save a seat for me
But if you just cant make the room
Look up and see me on the...

Verse 5:
Moons a common scene around my town
Yeah where everyone is painted brown
And if we do get stuck away
Lets go paint everybody gray
Yeah, gray, yeah
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: related to Chain of Fools
« Reply #1177 on: April 01, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
On Love's immortal Forever Changes album, the first song on side 2, "Maybe The People Would Be The Times or Between Clark & Hilldale," 

good thing they didn't use *that* title for their song chain!

Which has been pretty interesting so far: they followed "Chain of Fools" with "Fools Rush In" -- I expected Ricky Nelson but they went with the Sinatra version, a nice surprise (especially if your clock radio went off in the middle of ol' Blue Eyes!)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »
On Love's immortal Forever Changes album, the first song on side 2, "Maybe The People Would Be The Times or Between Clark & Hilldale," 

Which has been pretty interesting so far: they followed "Chain of Fools" with "Fools Rush In" -- I expected Ricky Nelson but they went with the Sinatra version, a nice surprise (especially if your clock radio went off in the middle of ol' Blue Eyes!)

Some lady just did a goat impersonation, and now they're playing "Gold Dust Woman".  I'd love to call in and suggest John's "Woman is the N-word of the World" for next...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
switched back to the "song chain" -- they need a song starting with "gold". Some woman called up and said "I don't know who does it but I think it's called 'Gold Dust Woman'"

the crew were stunned -- Peter: "a little band called Fleetwood Mac; you might wanna look them up"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 01, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »

Some lady just did a goat impersonation, and now they're playing "Gold Dust Woman".  I'd love to call in and suggest John's "Woman is the N-word of the World" for next...

Ha! Someone wanted "Woman in Love" by Streisand!  But they're not taking the bait.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 01, 2009, 09:00:45 AM »

Ha! Someone wanted "Woman in Love" by Streisand!  But they're not taking the bait.

Wisely they went with TFF's "Woman in Chains" -- all hail Oleta Adams!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 01, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »
switched back to the "song chain" -- they need a song starting with "gold". Some woman called up and said "I don't know who does it but I think it's called 'Gold Dust Woman'"

the crew were stunned -- Peter: "a little band called Fleetwood Mac; you might wanna look them up"

Actually, what I heard her say was "I dont know all the words, but... " then she bleated out Gold Dust Woman. 
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 01, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »

Actually, what I heard her say was "I dont know all the words, but... " then she bleated out Gold Dust Woman. 

She should sue Peter for defamation!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »
and we come full-circle with "Chain of Fools", 'cause apparently they're tired of the whole thing.  The entire list is supposed to be posted on the KFOG website today.  Nice try at something interesting and different, in any case.